Runs like $hit after a half hour or so

I clean the filter change the jetting, run it a couple times up the street and it runs great. Revs clear throught the powerband and everything. I go to the trail and it will run good for like half an hour and it starts sputtering like its getting watter in it. (its not dry as hell out). It breaks up and makes like a (buuurrrrrr) sound and occasionally making a normal sound back and forth if you can imagine that. If I burry the throttle in gear under load if makes the burr and never clears up. It will get so bad at times that the only way I can ride it is to bearly be on the gas and let it slowly clime the RPM'S. It seams to rev more freely in nuetral but it still sputters a bit but not as bad as when I'm going. I get so mad at it I just want to keep the throttle pinned and blow the f*cking thing up but it just goes buuuurrrrr sputter burrr.

I dont get it. I thought the jetting was off and I was fouling plugs, but if I change plugs real quick at the trail it doesnt change. It runs so bad that Ill end up with oil all over my pipe ends. I cant figure this out I come home and in a day or so Ill clean everything filter and all and it will rev clean and run real strong again for the 1 minute I can run it on my street. Ill put it away thinking its fix then go riding again and same shit.

I had this problem for a while and I dont know what to do. Ive changed CDI, Coil even though the first one tested good. Im running a 200w stator from RS. Which they said tested good but sent me a new one that tests the same and does the same shit. Ive even changed the wireing harness. I still think it may be the RS 200w unit. What do you guys think.

• 1 month later...

yep.. that stator is your problem.. i had the same thing happen.. i had a ricky stator 200w unit.. would run great for a while, then when the engine warms up it starts breaking up and running like poo... something in the stator screws up when it gets hot.. which explains the raw oil and gas on your silencers.. good luck.. and get a good used oem stator.. ricky stator screwed me once, but twice won't happen.

The Engine will Richen up as it warms up. Engine gets hot, warms the air up it is pullin in to the motor. Hot air is less dense so it requires less fuel.

Warming the engine up in the drive way and ripping up and down the street a few times is not the same as working it hard non stop in the trails.

What is your jetting

Main

Pilot

What Needle

What Clip Position

Air Screws turn out x many times

The Engine will Richen up as it warms up. Engine gets hot, warms the air up it is pullin in to the motor. Hot air is less dense so it requires less fuel.

Warming the engine up in the drive way and ripping up and down the street a few times is not the same as working it hard non stop in the trails.

What is your jetting

Main

Pilot

What Needle

What Clip Position

Air Screws turn out x many times

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said