Will I need to re-jet?

mackshell

its "almost" the same as taking the lid off,,, only less air.. even with the lid off and a k&n filter you dont need to go up 4-6 main jet sizes... a stock banshee has 220 mains at sea level correct? so he should run 260-280 main with STOCK pipes? sorry NO WAY, the bumping up the pilot jet one size is even worse though! dont do that! i cant believe other people are actually agreeing with this...if u plug chop it i bet youll be around a 240 or so with the stock pipes

my banshee is running 200 mains at sea level, is this right? bike seems fine to me

its "almost" the same as taking the lid off,,, only less air.. even with the lid off and a k&n filter you dont need to go up 4-6 main jet sizes... a stock banshee has 220 mains at sea level correct? so he should run 260-280 main with STOCK pipes? sorry NO WAY, the bumping up the pilot jet one size is even worse though! dont do that! i cant believe other people are actually agreeing with this...if u plug chop it i bet youll be around a 240 or so with the stock pipes

How do you know he's at sea level???

4-6 sizes larger main!!!!!!!!? for adding a k&n filter!?

and possibly a larger pilot?!??!?

i hope this is a joke

nothing is gas and go, temperature, elevation, mods, everything effects jetting,

Are you sure he doesnt need to rejet.

Do you know his elevation or the temperature?

Are you sure he doesnt need to rejet.

Do you know his elevation or the temperature?

ok now your just being a douche .. your the one who gave out bogus info all i did was correct you..i never said he didnt need to rejet, but i did say he didnt need to bump the main 4-6 sizes like you said in your first post, read my other posts, i said plug chop it and guessed maybe a 240 because i remeber thats what i used to run in mine with the stock pipes and a k&n , did i say anything wrong this time sir? maybe you are the one who needs to go back and edit your posts and stop being a dick i was just tryin to help the guy..

My elevation 960' above. Great article by bb... I learned ALOT! I just want to thank everyone here at this forum for their help! There is some great and useful information here as well as help from experts..... THANKS!!!

at your elevation, and guessing you are at least 70 degrees or sotoo, id say you wouldnt need bigger than a 240, but of course only you can know for sure with a plugchop, good luck enjoy

ok now your just being a douche .. your the one who gave out bogus info all i did was correct you..i never said he didnt need to rejet, but i did say he didnt need to bump the main 4-6 sizes like you said in your first post, read my other posts, i said plug chop it and guessed maybe a 240 because i remeber thats what i used to run in mine with the stock pipes and a k&n , did i say anything wrong this time sir? maybe you are the one who needs to go back and edit your posts and stop being a dick i was just tryin to help the guy..

Hey DICKSNOT the info that I gave him comes from BebBB's jetting FAQ.

You said you cant believe people agree with what I wrote,but nobody has agreed with you, I wonder why hmmm ?Because like I said the first time your WRONG. :down:

well the 2 ive worked with have both come from the dealers, stock, with 220's, get off my ass you homo...

my info came from real personal experience, yours is copied and pasted from someones elses article,, good work, tool

ive jetted 2bone stock banshees with k&n's, both were a bit rich at 240 in summer, shoot me...

Edited by Michael Jackson