+4 Timing key

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite possibly the stupidest thing ive ever heard.. if its not a money issue then why not get the plate and the extra insurance that comes with it.. if that fuckin key breaks, itll fuck up your crank, prolly your flywheel, stator... then youll have to tear it all down and rebuild.. now tell me how thats worth it please?
If I can afford a $4000+ motor, I can certenely afford a $35 plate. Im doing this to prove there is nothing wrong with the +4 key when installed prorerly. Infact, I had them in many bikes. So to all the tards on here who think they know everything, I'll worry about my bike and you worry about yours. I have never talked to anybody that had one break, and I ride with alot of people & work on alot of bikes.

well thats great.. i hope that "proving a point" is worth what could possibly happen if it breaks.. am i saying it will break? NO. am i saying it could? YES. am i saying itll be worth the risk if it breaks? HELL FUCK NO..

your logic is flawed man, and i think most will agree with me. whats the sense in building a motor at any cost and throwing some cheap ass part on there because you wanna prove a point?

There is no way that key will brake, if the flywheel is installed correctly.. Even a stocker can brake if you don't fit it correct or tension the bolt hard enough...

The does not keep the flywheel from spinning, its just to mount or line it up in the right position..

I used them in the past for a quick advance on bike that can't be adjustable. But yes I prefer the plate.

Enjoy it man, it won't brake..

well thats great.. i hope that "proving a point" is worth what could possibly happen if it breaks.. am i saying it will break? NO. am i saying it could? YES. am i saying itll be worth the risk if it breaks? HELL FUCK NO..

your logic is flawed man, and i think most will agree with me. whats the sense in building a motor at any cost and throwing some cheap ass part on there because you wanna prove a point?

Loco his point is that its not a cheap ass part. i dont think he would toss a few Grand just to say a key is no good. i look at it like if i want to go more or less then +4 i`ll get a plate. i would love to have one and play with my timing to get the best results out of my shee but i dont have time for that so the key is just as good as an option. that key works perfect for me.

There is no way that key will brake, if the flywheel is installed correctly.. Even a stocker can brake if you don't fit it correct or tension the bolt hard enough...

The does not keep the flywheel from spinning, its just to mount or line it up in the right position..

I used them in the past for a quick advance on bike that can't be adjustable. But yes I prefer the plate.

Enjoy it man, it won't brake..

I agree with you.

A +4 deg key is weaker than a stock key.

Exactly!! That is why I will spend an extra $20 so I can put parts on my bike that are stronger, or at least as strong as stock. I always thought this was a pretty simple subject, not hard to understand that less material = less availible strength. Im not seeing an argument for a timing key here.

like said befor if installed rigth cleanned and torqed.... it will never break off. my buddy jessy had one in hes shee for 4 years, never broke. i installed one in my shee for 3 months never broke. i have one in my 04 f6 carb (sled), the key x2 smaller then the shee's, and the fly wheel is x2 bigger plus the recoil is connected to the fly wheel..... uh 4 years and never broke and never. if they brake off its because was installed wrong .

bottom line there a good bang for the buck, and less work to install then a timming plate

Its amazing what people get all worked up about... It's not your bikes dude(s)... Go drink a f-in Miller

and chill...

Long live the +4 Matt.... (Unless it broke on you over the weekend)... Every time I see you FLYING

up one of those Coal Hills on Bansheetube, I cringe for your flywheel & crank... :ohmy:

Edited by mdhc500

Its amazing what people get all worked up about... It's not your bikes dude(s)... Go drink a f-in Miller

and chill...

Long live the +4 Matt.... (Unless it broke on you over the weekend)... Every time I see you FLYING

up one of those Coal Hills on Bansheetube, I cringe for your flywheel & crank... :ohmy:

All is well my friend. +4 still in bike doing its job.

+4 timing keys create as much contraversey as my tires. Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey MATT, how's they key holding up? Just thought I would check in...

Anybody want to delete this thread too?????

do you really think that if one of these guys keys broke we would hear about it on HQ? i highly doubt after all the degree key threads would any of these guys actually post a failure.. that shit would be labeled classified and stored with the rest of the CIA files.