NOSS HEAD

THE GRIM RIPPER

Dudes.. I must say this head is a quality piece and Dave over there at Noss is a BANSHEE MAN, and knows his shit period. And the best part is we here at Banhsee H.Q get a discount. But really this guy is the man, I think hes a member on here but I'm a noob so I dont know shit really... If you are Dave.... Whats up?! I ordered the black head and 20's and my shit is R I P P I N G HARD... But I think its detonated a tad little bit. I may need to retard the timing slightly :wallbash:

Thanks for the complements.

If it's detonating, I'd do something pretty quick. Retard the timing or add some octane.

Sometimes they don't detonate for very long. :blink:

-David

Thanks for the complements.

If it's detonating, I'd do something pretty quick. Retard the timing or add some octane.

Sometimes they don't detonate for very long. :blink:

-David

The man himself :notworthy:

Ide say do a compression test before you do anything. Anything in the 150-155 area are good on 93 octane 160 and above is where you should mix half vp110 and half 93 or run straight AV Fuel.

HAha... "The man himself!" That was hilarious :notworthy: Anyway, I havent done a compression check yet but the whole top end is brand new (along with the bottem end for that matter) And I can pretty much tell that my compression is way higher than its ever been by kicking it.... And Ive always kept good compression before all these new parts.. (new rings and hone stone every 30 hrs) With all that being said, I was running C12 race fuel and a 32:1 mixture of Golden Spectro... And Dave, you told me when the motor starts too detonate it feels similar to a rev limiter.... Thats kinda what I felt towards the very top end of gears... Kinds just like vibration almost. Needless to say I didnt ride that much longer after that and I certainly didnt take it to where I felt detonation! So do you guys agree??? Detonation or no??? I'm runnin 330 mains now and started at 390's.. I havent done a plug chop yet b/c I cant find a friggin stretch long enough to do one... But I really dont think its leanin out up there at the top end. :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...