outlaw 525s or ktm 525

I raced one on a stock 05 banshee. i jumped him out of the gate because i thought i was gonna get my ass kicked, but he never got around me. so, yeah im not impressed.

my quad mag says basicly they are both WAY better then the raptor 700. faster and lighter. but thats from ATV action april 08 i personally never even seen either yet.

my quad mag says banshees are outdated pieces of crap that cant keep up with the new 4 strokes, my quad mag also says they put a high compression piston in their project blaster

I seen all the modern 4 strokes pulled apart by an aftermarket company coming up with big and better parts. By far, hands down the ktm is an awesome quad. Great a-arms and shocks, front and back, good swinger, steering styem and 4 position style bars. The frame and engine combo, magura clutch and brakes with all steel braided line. maxxis tires.

The power is awesome, espically if you pipe and filter it.

I love my shee, but if I had to go buy a bike that is race ready, it would be the KTM. Not much to do to it but put nerf bars and kill switch, no need for a-arms or shocks. So your spending a little more money for it, but its already done, you are not going to drop another 2-3 k in it for suspension and other mods. Kinda like the ltr450 is but much better in all areas except no fuel injection.

THe ds450 keeps blowing up the engines so the dealers are letting go of them cheap. Good frame and suspension, but poor drivetrain.

The outlaw is nice bike but compared to ktm its not much of a choice.

The outlaw is nice bike but compared to ktm its not much of a choice.

Yea

KTM > Polaris

I remember watching this dvd I found. It was about the polaris's quads. Video was made by Polaris too. It was when the outlaw IRS came out. The whole time all they did was try drag racing over bolders and rocks, saying how great the IRS is because the chain and dirve system it tucked up underneith it. Then they took raptors, 450's and bashed them over the rocks with a stock plastic skid plate, or no skid at all and knocked chains off, and bent rotors, and braged about how much better the IRS is.

I had to smash the cd because it was garbage.

If I choose a 450 it would more than likely be a can am 450 but I dont race in a 450 class so the KTM 525XC is your best bet. But if you bought a KTM 450xc all youde have to do is get a big bore kit and turn it into a 525. The Outlaw doesnt compare to wwhat KTM has plus the aftermarket is going to be making way more parts for the KTMs.

My brother was racing the outlaw 525 with his banshe (pipes filters and reeds) and the 525 was bone stock. It came down to who ever got the holeshot.. pretty close race. Them 525's are gonna be a handfull once the aftermarket comes around.

the hopup parts that KTM makes for the 525 make that thing a beast i saw a race at our local track it was a 530 or 540(525 with ktm factory bigbore kit) and a shee with a 10mill race the 10mill had tha ktm off the line but tha ktm came back and almost won till tha 10 mill banshee guned it but tha ktm's are very powerful bikes