Smoked by a ltr450

I was beating every 450 I came across before I did my mods. Yamahas were the tough ones... they tayed within a bike or two on flat surface or pavement. I had just bolt ons, trinity pipes, cool head, and THE 2 INTO 1!!! My bike before was tough to beat. In fact, every bike ate the dust pretty good except one YFZ. It is pipes, filter, quickshot, and cam. That was the only bike actually that stayed within a bike or two.

I think it is different in a straight line, and then you guys are saying whoops and hills with bumps. The 450's have better suspension setups, etc. They should be a little better. But in a straight line, an official drag, I am taking a fine tuned bolt on banshee any day of the week over a bolt on 450. I have seen 20-30 450's try, and they all fail. But like I said... no whoops, no bumps, no hill races in the dunes... Just drag racing.

The banshee I have now is a totally different animal obviously. Lots of work to it now... Maybe I'll see how they hang now lol

I also believe the rider has alot to do with it, but still, I will stick to my guns... banshee wins in a straight line with bolt ons vs. bolt ons.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about the 4 jap 450's in my last post, not comparing them to a banshee.

But I agree a bolt on Banshee will take a bolt on 450 in a drag race.

My Banshee was all bolt ons for about 3 years.The 450 would get the holeshot and maybe the first

2 gears then after third gear it was all Banshee.