Gas Line Routing

With 35mm PWK carbs and T5's, I can't seem to find a good way to route the gas line coming from the petcock on the left carb because it touches the pipe or is kinked.

Will it be okay to run the "T" in the line sideways like in the pictures or will one carb flow more gas than the other?

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

With 35mm PWK carbs and T5's, I can't seem to find a good way to route the gas line coming from the petcock on the left carb because it touches the pipe or is kinked.

Will it be okay to run the "T" in the line sideways like in the pictures or will one carb flow more gas than the other?

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

Have you tried routing the branches of the T behind the slide portion of the carb casting on the left carb. Otherwise, buy a Pingel dual feed valve, they make things easier. :biggrin:

IDK I'd like to run the T the normal way.

Maybe you could run a loose zip tie around the fuel line and to the right carb to keep it

away from the pipe, shouldn't see it too much. Or you could run a pingel.

I tried tieing it closer to the intake, but then the hose kinks. Due to the way the inlets of the PWK's angle out, this seems to be the only way to run the lines without getting a pingle. Does anybody know if these carbs suck enough gas that would cause the left carb to run dry?

I tried tieing it closer to the intake, but then the hose kinks. Due to the way the inlets of the PWK's angle out, this seems to be the only way to run the lines without getting a pingle. Does anybody know if these carbs suck enough gas that would cause the left carb to run dry?

The carbs due use alot more fuel than an OEM setup, but I would think that the OEM petcock could supply enough fuel for both. Why do you think one carb is not getting fuel?

i'm guessing hes thinking the right will get more with the t being sideways an the right carb gets a more straight flow and the left is pulled from the straight through. instead of the original where it comes in and splits if that makes any sense?

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking since the right side carb has a straight flow and the left has a split off there.

On the stock T the gas comes down and splits 90* in either direction where this setup will feed the right side first. Didn't know if there was enough gas being pulled to create an air bubble for the left carb.

BTW Snowman...I think I caught myself starring at your avatar for 2 minutes...good work! :thumbsup:

The 35s will use more fuel. But, also, Kevin's porting flows allot! The difference between the last stock stroke ported motor with Mikuni 34s and the 4 mil motor from Kevin running PWK 35s is about twice as much....holy shit does that thing suck down the "go go juice"! I would definately get a pingle just to be on the safe side although the stock petcock will probably be ok. But, the pingel would solve your routing problems.

The 35s will use more fuel. But, also, Kevin's porting flows allot!

I know what your saying about that...some quick rides around the fields and I was contemplating putting the stock carbs back on! :blink: Damn thing was chugging the gas untill I looked down to see one line getting melted by the pipe.

So if getting a pingle is out of the question right now, does anybody know if the way I have the fuel lines will run the left carb out of gas if the right carb has the straight fuel line? I also ride at 5000-8500 feet so I am not buring as much gas as seal level.

Dont run the T sideways like that. You will regret it. Been there done that mistake when I first went to bigger carbs.

It doesn't hurt to run extra fuel line and loop it around to avoid kinks. Just make sure you get any air bubbles out when you turn the gas on. I would suggest a pingel for sure. You will want one down the road anyway, so might as well get it now and save yourself some headache. I'd just run extra fuel line and put the T in normally behind the carb tops and run some longer fuel lines back up and around the front of the carbs and down into the intakes if you don't want to go the pingel route.

- Jared

edit: oh yeah, to avoid what booker is talking about with the line flopping around and getting melted on your pipes, just use some small zip-ties where need-be.

Edited by BigRed350x

Dont run the T sideways like that. You will regret it. Been there done that mistake when I first went to bigger carbs.

It doesn't hurt to run extra fuel line and loop it around to avoid kinks. Just make sure you get any air bubbles out when you turn the gas on. I would suggest a pingel for sure. You will want one down the road anyway, so might as well get it now and save yourself some headache. I'd just run extra fuel line and put the T in normally behind the carb tops and run some longer fuel lines back up and around the front of the carbs and down into the intakes if you don't want to go the pingel route.

- Jared

edit: oh yeah, to avoid what booker is talking about with the line flopping around and getting melted on your pipes, just use some small zip-ties where need-be.

Word. :thumbsup: