What can I expect?

It all started when I decided to send my jugs out to HJR a little early because I took my head pipe off to inspect a leak and decided to just do it then. Then I got into this whole mod mess.

But before all of this, I THOUGHT the bike ran awesome... it had the following:

-Trinity Stage IV stainless pipes and silencers

-Trinity 2 into 1 with K&N and modded airbox

-Keihin 35mm carb

-Noss Cool Head with 20cc domes

-boyeson reeds

-stock bore, stock stroke, etc.

Now, "Delilah" is upgraded, well will be when everything arrives and gets put back together

-Trinity Stage IV stainless pipes and silencers

-Noss Cool Head with 18 cc domes

- +6 timing plate set at +6

-Keihin 33mm PWK's

-K&N 10 degree flanged pods

-boyeson reeds

-coolant bottle bracket

-Herr Jugs Racing Hot hillshooter port

-.020 bore and hone by Herr Jugs Racing

-Wiseco .020 forged pistons, rings, clips, gaskets, etc.

-Barnett clutch springs

-pancake bearing saver

-And obviously Race gas with the compression

What do you guys think? I think it will be a totally different animal, I really do. I made the decision to go to dual carbs because ALL of my riding consists of hillclimbing, duning and racing in that order. It was a monkey on my back with tat carb... coming on here, reading the negatives about it with draggin, duning, etc. And I wanted to maximize the potential of my port job as well.

This is a big step on this bike. It will ride alot different now.

I am expecting huge gains up top for sure, all through the gears.

Tell me what you guys think? What am I expecting... from those who made such big modifications before?

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

^^^^^

I've got a 4mm dune port from Kevin and it runs great. I stepped up from a stock stoke dune port with smaller carbs. It really made a difference. Kevin does great work.

How did he tell you it would respond with those Trinity Pipes? I had Trinity pipes on one of there set ups awhile back and it ran so so. Kevins dune port with CPIs would run circles around that Trinity motor I built! Just curious what Kevin's opinion was with the Trinity pipes.

If it wasn't ported before it should still run with at least a 20 - 25% power gain.

SP

Edited by spurdy

Kevin said I was pushing mid 40 hp before with the 2 into 1. He said IF I KEPT THAT SETUP, I would be running in the mid 60's. Not sure what it will be now with the dual 33's.

But he said it will run really good with this set of pipes. I personally really like them alot. I rode and saw some brands... alot of guys in my area run fmf's with power core 2 silencers and these pipes, with the 2 into 1, ran harder than theirs with the same mods, and their dual carbs. And they sound better IMHO.

But I don't think the pipe will be the issue at all. I like how it gives a little low end, and some top. But it pulls nicely. Really hits like a ton of bricks too.

They clain the more you do, the more they perform. I don't know if that holds an ounce of water... but I do know they are a great pipe, and I know Kevin is going to work to port for it.

Kevin is being very cooperative and answers any questions I have. I honestly never dealt with a businessman like him before... he is very busy but cares alot that I know what is going on.

You're going to need a swinger :ermm: :biggrin:

I was thinking the same exact thing... I really was. I am not sure how big I want to go though, maybe a +2, or a +4 tops. I can't go too long, but I think that might have to be the next investment. I was truely having problems hooking before in many situations.

Needing a longer swinger is never a bad thing though lol

If Kevin said that he can prot them to match Trinity's pipe then I wouldn't second guess him. He knows his shit and, while my engine from him didn't hit the numbers he said it would, I think once I am done tuning it and get it back on the dyno it will.

I don't think you can go wrong if you listen to Kev. He is a great guy, professional, stands behind his work, and does a great job!

Good Luck when you get her back together......and you'll likely need a swinger!

SP

I am very excited for this... I really am. I am hoping to have it running the coal hills next weekend. Actually it should defiantely be running by then.

Do you think I will have any problems without the swinger for the time being until I can gether some funds to get it? Like any chain problems or anything?

I'd say your biggest problem will be getting traction then, especially on hard pack. I've never ridden coal, but i think the guys that do on here all have stock swingarms, no matter what size the motor. Youre just going to have to find the middle point of getting traction, but not too much.

I'd say your biggest problem will be getting traction then, especially on hard pack. I've never ridden coal, but i think the guys that do on here all have stock swingarms, no matter what size the motor. Youre just going to have to find the middle point of getting traction, but not too much.

I am going to see how she rips, and hooks, and then go from there.