Banshees eating up rear sprockets

Are you comrpressing the suspension to adjust the chain???

I swear by steel sprockets for duning, for drag aluminum will suffice...but, how many times on the strip do you have your chain and sprocket burried in the sand?? I watched a budy eat 2 aluminum sprockets in one weekend at the dunes. I've been running a factory blaster sprocket (40t) with no skid plate for three seasons now with no problems...I know, should have changed it 2 seasons ago, lol.

steel sprockets will last longer hands down. steel is harder than aluminum....we all know that. a steel chain will win every war against an aluminum sprocket. throw in some sand and the sand will win against the aluminum sprocket too. i like the idea of the aluminum sprocket...less rotating mass, but the steel sprockets is what i suggest to use, especially in dirty riding conditions. i have a jt sprocket on my shee and the teeth are starting to go south already as well. probably only has like 20-30 hrs of runtime on it. i don't ride in sand or anything. i ride on the back roads and hay fields. i think the grade of the steel used on the sprockets aint worth a shit. rubberneck, i guess the only thing i can suggest, especially if you have double checked the alignment, is maybe have a machine shop or sprocket specialties make you one out of like a a2 or s8 tool steel or something. maybe even 4140 hardened. i'm not sure what the current steel sprockets are made of, but it sure seems like some shitty hot rolled garbage or like soft mild 1018 carbon steel.

Hey guys, i was just hoping somebody had had the same problems. I am baffled. Let me recap what i put in the first post. The alignment of both bikes is spot on I checked it with a straight edge on each bike. One bike does have the shitty stock arm and carrier, but all bearings are new. My cub has a round housing carrier. i just dont have a clue here. Everything checks out, but something is wrong. When i adjust my chain, i have somebody sit on it to get it at its tightest point in the travel then adjust so it just has a little play, not tight, but not to sloppy. this is the way ive always done all my bikes. Never had a problem. If this is wrong, let me know i'll try something else.

Both bikes running 520. Cub had EK x ring , bolt on bike had direct drive 520. I need to get pics up, its wild.

You said you never had this problem before? You bought 2 new sprockets for both the bikes. Doesn't this answer your question. Someone here already said the Jt sprockets are junk...

Just get 2 primary drive sprockets and see if the problem is solve.

I have been running JT Front and Rear Sprockets with RK 520xso chain for a couple of years with no problem.

I have a friend who had a JT rear and you could see where the side plates of the chain were wearing on the out side surface of the sprocket. He is currently running Sidewinder Sprockets and Chain. Going to see if they hold up.

You said you never had this problem before? You bought 2 new sprockets for both the bikes. Doesn't this answer your question. Someone here already said the Jt sprockets are junk...

Just get 2 primary drive sprockets and see if the problem is solve.

Umm in my first post i stated that the first 2 sprockets were primary drive, then the JT. Yep thats 4 sprockets in 6 days on 2 bikes. I have an idea, I want to test it out before I mouth off, but i think i may be on to something.