Take a look at this one

I am on the hunbt for a 35mm PWK as most of you know. Came across a pretty good deal.

The top picture is the one I already have. The ones below are two of which I can pick out of.

The question is... if you look where the carb mounts up to the air filter on mine, there is a circle or vent type of thing. But it really isn't a vent. I really don't lnow what it is. These don't have that.

Should I worry about this? What is that thing? Other than that, they look pretty close to mine... just not sure which one of those to get. Help me out

Mine...

IMAG1550.jpg

The ones I can pick one from... which one?

Keihin.jpg

This is bad... I don't know anything on this carb. I can't even tell you if it is a regular 35 pwk or an airstriker. :confused:

I'll be down and out off the bike for a long time I think...

My luck I'll get one and I have the other...

I don't have the money right now to buy 2... I wish I can get 2, I really do. I just can't. If I could do it right, I'd buy 2 brand new.

I dug myself a big hole I think... bought some stuff for 2 carbs already, and cannot get a second carb because I don't even know what it is. Sometimes I just want to beat myself like a redheaded stepchild

I don't have the money right now to buy 2... I wish I can get 2, I really do. I just can't. If I could do it right, I'd buy 2 brand new.

I dug myself a big hole I think... bought some stuff for 2 carbs already, and cannot get a second carb because I don't even know what it is. Sometimes I just want to beat myself like a redheaded stepchild

Sell yours first and save the money to get a matching set. It's not like 35's are rare, there are always a set or 2 for sale around here or other sites. Take your time and do it right. It might save you a lot of headaches in the long run. I dont know, they might work just fine mismatched, but is it really worth finding out the hard way? The differences may be completley superficial, maybe somebody else can answer.

I am on my palm in a motel so i cant find u any pics. Differences between an airstriker and non

I cant see ur pic but i can see the 2 carb pic. They look to be non airstrikers.

Non only has 2 carb vents. they are up twards the top of the carbs one on each side. you can see the one. you are lookin in to the vent.

Airstrikers have 4 vents per carb. they have the 2 that the non's have and 2 that point up. the vent hoses go up and loop over to the other side.

Airstrikers also have 2 wings on infront of the carb slide on the air filter side of the carb. They look like they help direct air under the slide. Non A.S. carbs dont have that.

If i was in your shoes I would sell the 2:1 with the carb, cable, and air filter you will get more money out of it as a complete system.

Then get you a set of Keihin PWK33's instead of the 35's. The 33's would suit your motor better. I would only run the 35's if you dune or drag 90% of the time. The 33's will give you better throttle responce and almost as much top end. I run 33's on my 400cc patriot racing drag ported 4mill.

You can still use all the parts that you have bought. Intake and filters are the same size.

jeff at fast will probably have the best price on the carbs new. Heck I would even send you my carb sync tool to use so u could put that 50 bucks twards the purchase of the carbs.

josh

Ok... I just reviewed the funds, as the auction for the intake just ended and I made out pretty good. I got a Boss billet intake for 33-35mm for $102 shipped. Thought it would go much higher than that.

So I have the extra cash to go ahead and buy a new single carb. I sent Jeff at FAST an email, telling him my situation, and asking what he needs to identify my carb. The pic of the 35mm pwk looks identical, I mean right on, to mine on his site. I asked what he needs to get me the one I need (part#, etc.)

By the looks of it, I will be in pretty good shape after all. :biggrin:

But I still need the CEL needles and jets. I got some recommendations from a few guys.

With 35mm carbs, they are saying CEL needle on 3rd clip, 50 and 158 jets... how does that sound with my setup?

Ok, so I got:

-motion pro cable

-k&N pods and outerwears (must order tomorrow since I need 10 degree flanged)

-boss intake

-coolant bottle bracket

Need:

-carb

-ez pull springs

-jets?

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD