Whats the standard running temp?

Do you guys notice any performance changes when it gets hot? I think I am having heating issues but I am not boiling over.

But after a 15 minute ride or so my bottom end just goes to shit. It sputters and doesnt have much power but my topend is fine. It acts like it is running pig rich on the bottom but it doesnt start until I have been riding for awhile, so I am pretty sure its not the jetting.

Yea that is what I am talking about. If your not over heating then you probably need to lean it out. The engin's temp affects jetting just like the outside air temp. Mine does that when it gets up to 215-220 (hotter than it normaly runs)

josh

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever seen or mounted a cooling fan on a shee? It would be tits to be able to flick a toggle in the trails and run a fan.

Probably not many b/c of how the electrical system is, and with no battery. You know how the lights dim when you stop? Well the fan would slow down (or stop...) too most likely.

first ride with my vapor isnstalled i got her up to 255. i slid off a bank on some slick grass by myslef and had a rough time getting back up lol. '

it was boiling a bit.

for taking it easy in 6th gear i was around 140 degrees, harder riding more like 160 - 170

thats with a pro design impeller, no timing advance.. mods in sig

That fan is FUGLY.

Got a link to the oversize rad?

They deffinatly run cool. It take 1 full engine ice jug and probably 1/8 of another to fill up a dry system. Where you normaly have some left over on a stock rad.

Dajo is selling 3 Oversized boss radiators.

300 and free shipping.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97756

I have a Pro Designe one. It is built well. I bought it because it looked to be the bigest one. Seemed to have bigger end tanks. About like Dajo's boss rad's.

I got mine on ebay for 350 shipped. I didn pay the 499 alba wants.

Pro Design Radiator LINK

PD535.jpg

:blink:

ok... I'm fairly new to the Banshee world here so I'll ask a dumb question. Where are we getting this temperature measurment from? Laser thermometer? Where are we checking? On the head, pipes,

jugs?

Thanks in advance...

Mike

:blink:

ok... I'm fairly new to the Banshee world here so I'll ask a dumb question. Where are we getting this temperature measurment from? Laser thermometer? Where are we checking? On the head, pipes,

jugs?

Thanks in advance...

Mike

One of these.

415t3WEG8iL._SL500_AA280_.jpg