Ricky Stator JUNK

dajogejr

Yeah, im trying to decide what to do also. Firehead recomended Ricks stators (totally different company) in a different thread, i may check those out. I need to talk to somebody who has done some DC conversions and find out if i even need a bigger stator. I am thinking that with a decent sized battery, I could get away with a stock stator and be able to power 2- 35 watt HID lights. My thought is if the battery is big enough, even if the stator cant keep up with the lights 100% I should be ok. I usually only ride for an hour or 2 at night anyway, and could always throw a charger on it during the day while not riding to make sure it is peaked before the night ride. Im not sure, need to do some research.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YIKES...259.00 new.

Not that I mind paying for quality and piece of mind...

I'll keep buying used OEM for now...

Even though my CDI Uses 95-96 style plugs, the Stator will take newer plugs...:)

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/in...hp?c=partLookup

For your application, I cant see any reason to not run stock. Its us stupid duner guys that like to see at night that need the high output ones. LOL Id gladly pay 259 if it lasts and works. Ive had to change to rickyshittystators in the field now and it does not make me smile

I'm going to give this guy a call. I'm going to see if he can make me a stator that has NO lighting coils, etc. on it. ALl I need it for is ignition, I'll never have lights on my bike.

See what he says....maybe I can get him to be a site sponsor on a few websites.....

I'm going to give this guy a call. I'm going to see if he can make me a stator that has NO lighting coils, etc. on it. ALl I need it for is ignition, I'll never have lights on my bike.

See what he says....maybe I can get him to be a site sponsor on a few websites.....

Hell yeah, maybe he would be up for a group purchase type deal. Im down for 1 and if it works like advertised, will pick up a second. There are enough people on here that already shelled out 200 bones or so for the shityricky, that we could all jump ship and give him some business. If you get in touch with him ask him if he will float the ground and set them up for DC for us.

Yeah, im trying to decide what to do also. Firehead recomended Ricks stators (totally different company) in a different thread, i may check those out. I need to talk to somebody who has done some DC conversions and find out if i even need a bigger stator. I am thinking that with a decent sized battery, I could get away with a stock stator and be able to power 2- 35 watt HID lights. My thought is if the battery is big enough, even if the stator cant keep up with the lights 100% I should be ok. I usually only ride for an hour or 2 at night anyway, and could always throw a charger on it during the day while not riding to make sure it is peaked before the night ride. Im not sure, need to do some research.

I have a dc conversion with a stock stator. I run 70 watt halogens off it right now and underglow leds. It charges at just off idle with everything on. It breaks even and may lose a bit of voltage at idle. 2 35w hids will be just fine with the right battery.

I have a dc conversion with a stock stator. I run 70 watt halogens off it right now and underglow leds. It charges at just off idle with everything on. It breaks even and may lose a bit of voltage at idle. 2 35w hids will be just fine with the right battery.

Thank you for this info, do you have a recomendation on battery. I will be building a box that will go behind my pods much like the one i saw you build in another thread. Also, i have the instructions on floating the ground on a rickystator, is the procedure the same with a stocker?

Thank you for this info, do you have a recomendation on battery. I will be building a box that will go behind my pods much like the one i saw you build in another thread. Also, i have the instructions on floating the ground on a rickystator, is the procedure the same with a stocker?

floating the wire on a stock plate is a little harder. You have to find it, then dremel the epoxy off and solder it. The battery I would use is in my dc conversion thread.

Battery Link

DC Conversion Link

floating the wire on a stock plate is a little harder. You have to find it, then dremel the epoxy off and solder it. The battery I would use is in my dc conversion thread.

Battery Link

DC Conversion Link

Thanks snop, once i get off my butt and put the topend back on, this is going to be my next project.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...