Carb Setup

Ok guys... I bought my bike with the 2 into 1 carb and intake already on the bike. I really like it, I do... it is really friendly wherever I go, but I find myseld hillshooting and duning/dragging 24/7. Kevin Herr recommended going with the 2 carbs.

My question is... with my mods below, what size should I go to? I was thinking 35 pwk strikers

And another thing is... I see bansheeman is selling an intake. It looks really nice. Is 100 bucks a good deal for that intake?

Also... I know it has been talked about before, but why should I go to 2? I read about the snopcynski (sorry if I spelled wrong) doing a test. With my mods, am I benefitting from going to 2? Or should I stay with 1?

I am really considering going to 2.

Also... I know it has been talked about before, but why should I go to 2? I read about the snopcynski (sorry if I spelled wrong) doing a test. With my mods, am I benefitting from going to 2? Or should I stay with 1?

I am really considering going to 2.

If you have a topend port job, then this is a no brainer.definitely run 2 carbs. I would definitely run no bigger than a set of 32mm carbs from what you described you ride like and have done to the bike.lots of people run huge carbs at only the cost of low-mid velocity and no topend gain (35mm carbs on a dune port 350 with mid-top pipes is a good example of what not to do).

my opinion i would go with 2 carbs.

you already have a 35 pwk, all you need is

one more and some intakes.

you need to listen to your engine guy.

you will gain top end by going with 2 carbs.

edit:

again, its a matter of opinion of thinking a 35mm carb is too big for a dune port. :thumbsup:

Edited by Hilarious

I would really like to switch to 2 of them... I'll see what Kevin says over the phone tomorrow. Or maybe he will see this before then...

I also know the 2 is the way to go, but like I said, I bought the bike like this, and even though I would have liked 2, I couldn't pass up the deal on this bike.

But I would like more opinions on the size... sure would be nice to just have to get one more 35 pwk

I would really like to switch to 2 of them... I'll see what Kevin says over the phone tomorrow. Or maybe he will see this before then...

I also know the 2 is the way to go, but like I said, I bought the bike like this, and even though I would have liked 2, I couldn't pass up the deal on this bike.

But I would like more opinions on the size... sure would be nice to just have to get one more 35 pwk

what exactically will be your setup?

i had a jeff wendorff 4mill duneport, 35pwks, inframe shearers on race gas and it was one

hell of a hill shooter and duner. you could drag it and lug it around the yard too.

I would get a set of PWK 33's. I run them on my 400cc 4 mill drag ported cylinders, with cpi's. I do more duning than draggin.

That intake that Eman is selling is well worth it. I run a boss intake (pretty much the same). It moves the carbs up and back so the LH carb bowl doesnt hit on the clutch arm. The other alternative is taking the plug out and welding up the bottom of the bowl. When you do that you can just take the plug out and change the main jet.

josh

I tend to agree with snop on the carb size issue. A lot of people over carb their bikes. If you were buying new carbs I would go with 33's for the setup you have right now. BUT you already have one 35mm carb, so it would be stupid to buy two more when you only need 1. I would buy one 35mm and get bansh-eman's intakes. He is a great guy and very nice to deal with. I wouldn't have any problem doing business with him.

I tend to agree with snop on the carb size issue. A lot of people over carb their bikes. If you were buying new carbs I would go with 33's for the setup you have right now. BUT you already have one 35mm carb, so it would be stupid to buy two more when you only need 1. I would buy one 35mm and get bansh-eman's intakes. He is a great guy and very nice to deal with. I wouldn't have any problem doing business with him.

Nobody is looking at this logically. If you sell the complete 2 into 1 intake with everything that goes with it on ebay, you have enough money for like one whole carburetor, and half the second one. Then you can buy carburetors that actually should be on the bike instead of settling for something that wont increase topend and will kill bottom end power.