NEED HELP...only 1 cylinder firing

Okay here goes guys, after washing my bike i went to take it for a ride and it was bogging alittle and seemed like the slides where getting caught up from the condensation..So i toook the carbs apart and cleaned cleaned and cleaned them.. put everything back together and still the same thing..

When i start the bike only the left cylinder is fully running, the right cylinder has barely anything coming out of the silencer except for tons of oil..

the left silencer is just spitting out oil/gas..

i did a compression check and i have 135/138 in each..the motor was built like 5 months ago by passion and i had 150psi..

I checked my reeds and they are fine, now when i take the plugs out the left is brown in color and the right one is wet but no color just looks like a brand new plug that wasnt fired..

i also started hearing a small knock/rattle coming from the motor on the last ride, the bike runs unbelieveable, so strong for a small mx port..

PLEASE HELP GUYS IM LEAVING FOR A TRIP TO VIRGINIA IN 2 WEEKS...

Okay here goes guys, after washing my bike i went to take it for a ride and it was bogging alittle and seemed like the slides where getting caught up from the condensation..So i toook the carbs apart and cleaned cleaned and cleaned them.. put everything back together and still the same thing..

When i start the bike only the left cylinder is fully running, the right cylinder has barely anything coming out of the silencer except for tons of oil..

i did a compression check and i have 135/138 in each..the motor was built like 5 months ago by passion and i had 150psi..

I checked my reeds and they are fine, now when i take the plugs out the left is brown in color and the right one is wet but no color just looks like a brand new plug that wasnt fired..

i also started hearing a small knock/rattle coming from the motor on the last ride, the bike runs unbelieveable, so strong for a small mx port..

When I have a problem like this that I can't figure out, I start swapping componants from one cylinder to the other. Such as carbs (if there not stock), plugs, plug wires, and reeds. Last ime mine did this it was an issue with the reed spacers. They would allow the reed cage to unseat from the frame (V Force 2) and allow the fuel to flow back and forth in the intake track. But it could be weak petals also. Check the gap on both flywheel tabs since the mechanical relationship between each tab and its cylinder can't be changed. If that is it you should see the problem switch to the other cylinder when you swap plug wires.

Good Luck!

SP

i also started hearing a small knock/rattle coming from the motor on the last ride, Thats what would worry me, you may be pullin the juggs, hopefully nothin serious :sad:

Carbs are stock..I pulled the carbs, the reeds are fine, brand new with only 2 rides on them.

I swapped plugs and wires and still no change.

i also swapped the coil with one from my buddies bike.

What else guys im really stuck here?

Is fuel runnin out the overflows? could your float be stuck? flooding that cyl.

Okay update guys, i dont think that i have a bad seal...

My carb is pissing out gas like crazy, when i start the bike only the left side is firing and getting hot, the right side isnt getting hot and the silencer is spitting out gas like a race horse.. also the right side spark plug is clean as a whistle when i take it out and the left plug looks normal color.

what do you guys think?

I already dropped it off to get fixed but i still need some peace of mind in the mean time..

• 1 month later...
Okay update guys, i dont think that i have a bad seal...

My carb is pissing out gas like crazy, when i start the bike only the left side is firing and getting hot, the right side isnt getting hot and the silencer is spitting out gas like a race horse.. also the right side spark plug is clean as a whistle when i take it out and the left plug looks normal color.

what do you guys think?

I already dropped it off to get fixed but i still need some peace of mind in the mean time..

What was it? Do you ever find out?

Check your pilot air screw. It might be OUT to far or IN to far. Mine did the same thing to me what your explaing and thats what it sounds like to me and thats what ended up being on mine, just my .2cents

Edited by wittle350