pipes

Quick question a friend of mine is buying pipes for his stock banshee and has it narrowed down between Dmc aliens and toomey t5s his plans are to leave it stock for some time with just the pipes which pipe is a better out of the box stock banshee pipe for overall performance. while mostly riding trails,open fields, and drag racing.

thanks

If he plans on porting it in the future, go with T5s. (Responds to aftermarket porting better.)

If he plans on doing just bolt ons, go with T6s. (Responds to stock porting better.)

Even if he isn't porting for a while, he might as well go with the T5s now.

----

I've been doing a lot of research on pipes because I'm ordering some for mine soon, and this is my understanding of it.

I'm sure a lot of people on here would agree, as they helped me a lot.

I personally plan on T5s.

i dont understand why ppl love t5's that much ......like said above why limit yur self to only 2 pipes. ive never tried dmc's ... although i have tried t5's and t6's on other banshees and even put them on mine too see the difference, i still liked my pro circuits better. ive tried and raced many shee's with matching mods to mine only with diff pipes. fmf fatty's sst's knarly's, t5, t6, dyno port.. just to name a few .. some came close other's didnt .. i like the t5 but there not the best thats out there....

so where would the aliens stand in ranking with motor work like whats in my sig plus noss head with 18cc domes..... i would like to have a set of pipes i can hit the mx track with(which i thought woulda been the aliens) and ones i can go to the dunes with and such and just play around with thats all around.

so where would the aliens stand in ranking with motor work like whats in my sig plus noss head with 18cc domes..... i would like to have a set of pipes i can hit the mx track with(which i thought woulda been the aliens) and ones i can go to the dunes with and such and just play around with thats all around.

Dude, the Aliens are fine... T5's are mentioned most because they are a great bang for your buck pipe that also keep up with porting/engine mods. I had a set of T5's on my otherwise-stock '02 Banshee and they looked/sounded/performed great. I have a set of Pro-Circutis on my current Banshee and they loo/sound/perform great. I'm swapping them out for a set of Trinity Stage 4 pipes just to try something new, but I really, really liked the Pro-Circuits as well.

If the pipe is working for you and your level/style of riding, why mess with success? If you stick with one of the name brands, and especially those that get good reviews here, you should be more than good. My .02

Edited by Erwin8r

The guy that ported my cylinders has some pipe recomendations on his web page. Just go through the different motor types.

Patriot Racing LINK

350cc Motocross

Paul Turner Mids = Bottom End

Patriot Racing recommends Paul Turner mid range pipes for our MX motors. The Paul Turner pipes with our set-up has excellent low end power- a very strong midrange, but a smooth hit onto the pipe- providing for greater control and power tractability.

350cc Hot Trail Motor

DMC Aliens = midrange

We highly recommend DMC pipes. With slightly more mid range and smoother power, we prefer these pipes over most.

350cc Duner

T5's = Mid to Top End

We highly recommend Toomey T-5 pipes. If noise limits are a concern our engine package works extremely well with the Toomey Hush Kit.

400cc Duner

CPI = Top End

We highly recommend CPI in-frame drag pipes. With the increased bore size and increased stroke the loss of low end power from the CPI in-frame drag pipes is negated. The CPI in frame pipes also allow the motor to turn a greater RPM than most in frame pipes allow. The aggressive design on the CPI in-frame pipes scavenge the larger bore size better creating more peak power. Secondary choice would be Toomey T-5's.

350cc Methanol Drag

CPI= Top End

Patriot Racing has had tremendous success with using CPI pipes. We prefer to use the CPI pipes were in-frame (tuck-in) pipes are required.