how to hotwire a banshee

i gess that it i have a 2000 shee... perfect.. iw as starting to wonder here

Well mine is an 01 and i had to connect the wires :blink:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

So I lost my key, and my spare is MIA.... The unplugging it doesn't work. Can I just cut below the key (red and brown wires) connect 'em and ride?

I have plans for hitting the track tonight and riding tomorrow, and I don't want getting my key back to hold me up.

I only see two wires, red and brown.

Anyone?

So I lost my key, and my spare is MIA.... The unplugging it doesn't work. Can I just cut below the key (red and brown wires) connect 'em and ride?

I have plans for hitting the track tonight and riding tomorrow, and I don't want getting my key back to hold me up.

I only see two wires, red and brown.

Anyone?

go to autozone and get a quick splice so you dont have to cut the plug. i did it to mine when i eliminated my key.

qick splice

Thanks, I got a napa right around the corner. :beer:

You are out of Miami?

Hit me up sometime...I'm outta Naples, and two guys are outta Ft. Myers.

Jamebo is from Central/Northern Florida.

cool will do. i used to live in port charlotte for two years thats bout 45 mins north of you. i still go up there bout once every 2 months to visit my buddies. got some great riding spots in north port behind I-75 around exit 170. i'm dying to take the banshee back up there.

Never been....I'll have to check it out! It's kinda far, but I have been up that way more than a few times (not for riding though, just going thru.)

Any time you are on this coast man, let me know, I'm down to ride...I'd do the same for you, but I rarely go to that side of the state.

i'm not sure you want to come here to ride there's very few places to ride unless you like riding in the streets. thats why i turned the shee into a drag bike to be able to go to the track and ride legaly. i have a cdl and cant afford to get some b.s. tickets for riding in the street.

but anytime i plan on hitting the west coast for some riding i will hit you up.

i'm not sure you want to come here to ride there's very few places to ride unless you like riding in the streets. thats why i turned the shee into a drag bike to be able to go to the track and ride legaly. i have a cdl and cant afford to get some b.s. tickets for riding in the street.

but anytime i plan on hitting the west coast for some riding i will hit you up.

I think ive been there in north port as you goin north it right on the right hand side of 75 right?

dade and broward suck for riding. even off 27th. when I lived over there I drove to bonita every weekend to ride.

since alot of thevinizers know about connecting brown and red, you could run the G/Y wire from the parking brake to the black/white wire coming out of the key for those years installed. a thief could start it and try to take off by twisting brown&red, but not realize it'll only do 2300rpm. this would come into play when camping, or any other time you leave it unattended for a short time, giving you time to run out and kick his ass :starwars:

90% of theifs work on opportunity, so why not even the odds with your own opportunity?

• 2 years later...

the wires on my key switch broke off and its way to hard to solder them back on and its three weeks to get a new one...do i connect the reds together and and the blacks together?? thanks

CUT ALL 4 WIRES AT SWITCH END OF DISCONNECTABLE CONNECTION, THEN LEAVE THE WHITE AND RED ALONE (NOT CONNECTED), THEN TIE TOGETHER THE 2 BLACK ONES TOGETHER THEN WRAP WITH TAPE SO THEY DONT GROUNT/SHORT OUT