Cylinder removal

Guys... you have been a huge help so far. I have the bike torn down getting ready to send my jugs to Kevin Herr. Plan to have them out in the morning.

I can't get them off thouygh. Removed all the cylinder bolts, head, etc. Everything is off. They are wiggling, but not moving or coming off. The Clymer book says to tap them lightly with a rubber mallet or something in that nature. But some areas are tough to get to!

But they are moving just enough at the bottom for the eye to see, but won't budge.

I am also only working on the one with the piston all the way at the bottom of it's stroke.

How the heck do I get these jugs off?

Wiggle and pull, shouldn't be hard. may be stuck to teh gasket some and they can hang up on teh studs.

That's exactly what is happening... it is hanging on the studs.

I tried for a long time, I just ran out of methods. I was wiggling, pulling up, lightly tapping, etc. They don't want to move.

I appreciate the quick respone okbeast, I really do. just a few seconds of your day can really help another's! Thanks!