CPI inframes cracked?

I had some rigid mounts and didnt have problems with my t-5's, it did rattle a bolt out though. I'll probably throw some rubber bushings or O-rings on next time. Hopefully that'll help keep the pipes (if i get shearers or cpis) from hittnig the head too.

Better be a thick rubber. Look at the spacer I have between the frame and the pipe hanger. I think it is 3/8 or 1/2 inch.

My friends cpis did the same. so far mine broke my freakin mount! I took a hose clamp on the stinger under my plastics to try and make them more rigid. seems to be working so far... The fit of the cpis is fucked up, considering the price. JMO

I will check with them. Right now I am working 2am to about 3pm so I just don't have the time to call them during business hours. I will give it a shot next week and see. If not, shit happens. It's a quad and not a show bike, I will get over it sooner or later LOL.

• 2 months later...

So basically I was told since I was not the original buyer I was basically fucked. I took them off and welded the cracks in the flanges and used a little bit of aluminum paint to keep them from rusting. Doesn't look bad but still pisses me off. Also the pipe on the shifter side rubbed on the frame enough to rub a damn hole in the pipe. Welded that up too, atleast you can't see that.

What type of front hangers do you have? Bracket that mounts to the broken tab?

josh

That is something I've always wondered about...you guys that rigid hanger mount your pipes. I occasionally look down at my motor at lower RPM (2500??) and see the motor rocking side to side maybe 3/8" at the cylinder...then it smooths out and stabilizes.

That transition point has to play hell on a rigid mount and bracket!!

I picked up the RIS mounts...hope they work for me!! they have an oval mounting machined to allow the pipe to move around, but the delrin sleeve is a tolerance fit to allow movement without twisting.

I don't wanna head my crack pipe. :blink: ///\\\Crack my head pipe///\\\

ris698hw4.jpg

w600.png

If you are using rigid pipe mounts that will cause most pipes to break or crack the tabs on the pipes. I've seen it happen many many times. The stockers may not look the best, but that rubber in the center is needed to suck up the vibration. If they come apart in the center its best to just buy new factory ones. Even drilling them out in the center and putting bolts through them makes it so they dont suck up the vibration. Especially if there bolted together real tight.