Let's find out!

Builder  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I too am on the "build my own engines" plan. But, if I had to choose favorites from other builders I would say that Kevin Herr and Lynn at LCPerformance have always been very good to answer my questions and give me advice. I also agree a lot with the post Snop had, many times the no-name builders do better quality or faster work. I think a lot of the big builders begin to get too busy to put the amount of time and detail needed into their port jobs. Before any one gets fired up at that, I said a lot...not all.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with me i'm only getting Jeff to do my crank, boring, override etc. i'm doin most of the build i told him to put the bottom end together cause there's no since in shipping everything in pieces. But as far as the rest i'm putting it together. That's the best part of a build is working on the motor...lol

I dont have any of those things. So I still stand by the

statement I made earlier. I assembled (built) my engine. :thumbsup:

Yeah if it wasn't for those things i would have built everything myself. banshee motors are the easiest to break down and build. Have you ever broke down a Suzuki 250r? The cases split from side to side not up and down like the banshees do.

Dan at Patriot does still build motors and I will actually be over at his house this weekend. He builds some rip roaring fast stuff, and I dare someone to beat his prices on a regular basis.

Thats good to know. Thought he went off and got a real job making real money.

Yeah if it wasn't for those things i would have built everything myself. banshee motors are the easiest to break down and build. Have you ever broke down a Suzuki 250r? The cases split from side to side not up and down like the banshees do.

nope, did a warrior and that was scary enough.

when you supposed to get your engine back?

think everybody knows. i'm HJR all the way!thanx kev

i give all my respect to kev.not even his fulltime job and when busy still turn motors out in 2 weeks.i don't think he sleeps

Butch...are you kidding me??? Kev not sleep...he needs ALL the beauty sleep he can get!

nope, did a warrior and that was scary enough.

when you supposed to get your engine back?

Well with all the UPS bullshit and my cases mysteriously breaking Jeff took a vacation won't be back at his shop til the 1st or 4th. Credit card already charged he had all the stuff ready while i was bitching to UPS. I'll get it back after he's done relaxin' and chalaxin' i don't blame him.

Dan Hull @ A&S does my work.

Not the easiest to get ahold of and sometimes not on time,but his motors speak for there self.

Another reason Dan does my work is he is very close to me (15 min).

That guy builds SICK motors!!!

Dan

I have a 14 mil Cheetah that I bought used built by A&S and was the fastest qualifier in its class at the Planet Sand race, untuned on a stretched stock chassis (130 lb jockey). His sh*t is fast. I didn't get to vote for A&S. I already voted for F.A.S.T. b/c he "built" my Cubs; and I didn't get a 2nd vote.