maxima 927 vs KLOTZ super techniplate

Been running Maxima 927 for about 10 years and my dealer quit getting it but they have Klotz supertechniplate for about 1/2 the price. I bought a quart of it but havent used it yet I just wanted to see what everyone thought. Running it in the Banshee in my sig.. thanks for your help. Doug

Been running Maxima 927 for about 10 years and my dealer quit getting it but they have Klotz supertechniplate for about 1/2 the price. I bought a quart of it but havent used it yet I just wanted to see what everyone thought. Running it in the Banshee in my sig.. thanks for your help. Doug

I've ran klotz super all of last year and it ran fine. I put a new chariot head on over the winter and everything looked nice and clean inside. :biggrin:

the difference is the thickness,,,caster927 is a majority caster bean which is a thick thick coating but I ran it in my R and it gums up your reeds and carbs if you took those items off you would see what I mean...supertechniplate is synthetic oil with 20% caster so you have a synthetic oil with a lil better coating I run supertechniplate with alky and in every other 2 stroke I own.Its all I will run.

the difference is the thickness,,,caster927 is a majority caster bean which is a thick thick coating but I ran it in my R and it gums up your reeds and carbs if you took those items off you would see what I mean...supertechniplate is synthetic oil with 20% caster so you have a synthetic oil with a lil better coating I run supertechniplate with alky and in every other 2 stroke I own.Its all I will run.

Yep. 927 would be comparable to Klotz Benol. Both of them are mostly caster oil. Supertechinplate is 80% synthetic 20% benol caster oil. It is a good oil and it is what I run.

josh