how to remove the old timing plate

i need help on how to remove the old timing plate if there is a way without using the flywheel puller thing?

You mean you need to remove the flywheel without using the thread in flywheel puller? You cant get one? Or it wont thread in or what? Do not use a jaw type puller cause those will ruin your flywheel? Ive heard of flywheel threads being stripped and people welding the puller to the flywheel if you have too. Give some more details.

You mean you need to remove the flywheel without using the thread in flywheel puller? You cant get one? Or it wont thread in or what? Do not use a jaw type puller cause those will ruin your flywheel? Ive heard of flywheel threads being stripped and people welding the puller to the flywheel if you have too. Give some more details.

well its because i live out in the country and its like an 1 hour 1/2 to go into town and buy it thats why i wanna know if there is any other way of taking the flywheel off without using the flywheel puller

Sure there are several different ways to remove the flywheel.

You can get the right tool and the job will be easy and you wont ruin anything.

You could use a 3 jaw puller and bend the flywheel.

You could try to use 2 prybars and probably end up bending the flywheel just like the 3 jaw puller.

You use use a cut of wheel or angle grinder and just cut it off but you will probably end up ruinning the stator along with the crank shaft.

You could use a cutting toarch wich would probably be the easiest but you will probably end up ruining the stator and crank as well.

Sure there are several different ways to remove the flywheel.

You can get the right tool and the job will be easy and you wont ruin anything.

You could use a 3 jaw puller and bend the flywheel.

You could try to use 2 prybars and probably end up bending the flywheel just like the 3 jaw puller.

You use use a cut of wheel or angle grinder and just cut it off but you will probably end up ruinning the stator along with the crank shaft.

You could use a cutting toarch wich would probably be the easiest but you will probably end up ruining the stator and crank as well.

and what are the right tools

and how do you use the flywheel puller?

Make sure the threads are clean and free of any corrosion. Lubricate the threads. Screw the puller into the flywheel (left-hand thread) as far as it will go and snug it, do not smoke it on. Use the flywheel holding tool to hold the flywheel while you screw the bolt (right-hand thread) into the puller which pushes the flywheel away from the crank. It should not be very hard to remove...

My explanation might not be the best, sorry.

I can only speculate that your flywheel is rusty and/or damaged, or it was installed incorrectly if you rendered two pullers unserviceable... :confused:

and how do you use the flywheel puller?

seriously? you posted 4 times in the tutorial on how to remove a flywheel and change out timing plates. that not only had pictures. but step by step instructions. if you havent learned by now you probably just should take the bike to a shop. or your only 13 and have never picked up a wrench in your life.

Edited by magz

seriously? you posted 4 times in the tutorial on how to remove a flywheel and change out timing plates. that not only had pictures. but step by step instructions. if you havent learned by now you probably just should take the bike to a shop. or your only 13 and have never picked up a wrench in your life.

well ive none how to use a wrench since the age of 9 so go and learn how to relax dog cause u got some anger management puto

well ive none how to use a wrench since the age of 9 so go and learn how to relax dog cause u got some anger management puto

Come on man, nobody has anger management issues. It's just a flywheel. The puller is piss simple. But if you try to "short cut" it let me know cause I've got an extra flywheel I'll sell you after you f*** yours up! Even if you pull it gently with a puller and tap it with a hammer, which will sometimes break it loose, will make it out of round or bend the end of the crankshaft (depending on where you use the hammer!). A puller is absolutely the only way to go. You asked for help and now you have it, so don't be a smartass! Good luck.

SP