F.A.S.T. lockout clutch

ok my tranny works fine now i put more oil in it and everything is working fine again. i only start to experience problems when i ride on pavement alot. but i think with all this new power its startin to slip the clutch and i just wanna go big and get that lockout clutch from F.A.S.T. so my question is are they worth it i plan on pumpin more power to it but does their lockout clutch make it any faster or anything ect. like what exactly does it all do and the shift star do i have to tear the top half of the case apart? ill be doin the clutch and have the money so what all can i do without tearing the cases apart.

the lockup use centrifugal force to put pressure on the pressure plate making it hold agaist the fibers and steels better. making the clutch not slip. It is well worth the money, however your shiftng is going to be much harder and your lever will get alot stiffer too. The only thing if have to do to install one it pull the clutch cover remove the bolts when the sprigs are and put the lockup on and bolt it down, but the Direct drive lockup will not fit under your stock clutch cover.

If your seriouse about getting a lockup look into getting the slingshot lockup. they have a version that will fit under your stock cover.

unless your building a powerful motor there re cheper means that wont hurt your shifting to solve your clutch problems. look at replacenig your shitty clutch with a set of FZR1000 fibers, and 3 HD springs, this will make a huge differance.

The shift star helps with the shifting.

I run a lockup with no override transmission and I have no problem. I would recomend an Ez Pull lever though.

The nice thing about the lockup is you can tune it a little. I run 6 stock OEM springs with my lockup. It lets the clutch slip out of the hole. That keeps the RPM up and helps keep the front wheels down.

I like to drag race for fun, and I also have to be able to trail ride it. I built my banshee, 4mill stroker, patriot racing drag ported stock cylinders, cpi pipes on a stock length arm. The front end still comes up but the stock clutch springs with the lockup help.

Who ever you get the cover from make sure it is a direct drive diecast cover. It is a bran new casting. Much better way than milling off the top of a stock cover and welding or exoxying on the extension ring.

josh

100_2181.jpg

100_2176.jpg

also i just looked at the lockout one mmatv does that come with everything i need to install it or do i have to buy more crap to go along with it

Other than a gasket if you need one (not always but a good idea) and oil it is everything you need to install. But i would highly recomend a clutch disengager with it so you dont risk welding the rod and arm together. The lock out will put alot more pressure on the plate at higher rpms so with the clutch pulled in and revving the motor you have a greater risk to welding them together.

Clutch Disengager

Our lock up kit price is 399 and then there is a 40 rebate for a good used cover

Other than a gasket if you need one (not always but a good idea) and oil it is everything you need to install. But i would highly recomend a clutch disengager with it so you dont risk welding the rod and arm together. The lock out will put alot more pressure on the plate at higher rpms so with the clutch pulled in and revving the motor you have a greater risk to welding them together.

Clutch Disengager

Our lock up kit price is 399 and then there is a 40 rebate for a good used cover

So the one you guys sell is a modded stock cover, instead of a new cast cover like Direct Drive sells. You have a welded or expoy extension ring for the lockup clearance.

www.directdrivecnc.net

josh

I have never had one crack or fail whereas with the directdrive ones for which we are a dealer also i have had alot of leaks around the lens and outer ring before they started die casting the covers. The new die cast covers with the 12 bolt lens looks like a very nice piece but ive had really good luck with the modquad covers so no need to change. I am however a dealer for direct drive i just stock the moduad cover. Jeff carries the direct drive in stock!