shift pro kit

how is this kit. im building a duner bike and basically want almost a duneable tranny thats not one.

looking for flawless shifting. i thought there was a thread about some spring kit that jeff sold or someone that helped also.

I have one on my banshee with the modded shift star. It shifts real smooth. I would deffinatly do it again.

josh

Thats good to hear. Before i took my shee apart i was really having problems shifting under power.

I'm going to to also mod my star myself.

I think the shift pro kit and jeffs shift shaft mod are about the same thing. The shift pro kit comes with the new pice that rides on the shift star. It has a roller berring so it roles over the star easier. It also comes with a lighter tension spring.

It shifts easy enough that I can down shift with out using the clutch. It just pops down a gear. Kindof like you over ride guys going up through the gears under power.

josh

get the kit and the star.... mike bike has NEVER shifted smoother... so smooth that the only downfall is trying to find neutral....

The shift star mod is suppsed to help you find neutral easier,as well as shift...

how is this kit. im building a duner bike and basically want almost a duneable tranny thats not one.

looking for flawless shifting. i thought there was a thread about some spring kit that jeff sold or someone that helped also.

quit being a sissy....just get a dunable override from me already....

Seriously, I've been told that a shift pro kit AND modded shift star are not a good idea.

The roller over the star is bigger, cut the star down...and hit a few whoops, etc., and it could shift/pop out of gears on ya.

if you guarentee the shift forks and everything i would get one

just building up a duner bike to play around and maybe let gf or other ride.

no way in hell im letting them do that with the cub adn duneable. been almost 2 yrs on the forks and ive trained myself to not back load it so far its doing well.

JT has a 2-5 dunable, he lets his G/F ride his bike in the dunes, has no idea what an override tranny even is.

Even the TT guys that use dunables go a season to two without replacing shift forks, and they CONSTANTLY backload it at high RPMs.

Let me know....

I run a shift pro kit with a modded star and I don't have any complaints.

It does have a very light spring and It feels like if I sneezed on it that it would pop

out of gear,but that hasn't happened yet after 12-15 hard dune trips.

I don't rember it popping out of gear at all,not that it couldn't happen though

just my expierence.

i have run cut gears(every other dog milled off ) shift pro kit and modifed shift star all on the smae bike and it really helped over stock for sure but it was nothing amazing ,theres no comparison to my dunable from dajogerjr ,you can hook your pinky on the shifter and bench shift instantly through al lthe gears with no effort or clucth and its the same feeling with your big toe i n Nikes running under full power and no clutching,i cant imagine that theres anything better