General Maintenance

I'm a new Banshee owner, and I just wanted to know what regular maintenance I should perform on the bike.

Any tips?

I want to keep it in as good of shape as I can.

It's an '05, lightly used. What types of worn parts should I look for?

It runs amazing, and only thing I noticed it needs soon will be rear brake pads...and maybe tires further down the road.

WITH MINE, ALL I REALLY DO IS A ONCE OVER ALL OF THE BOLTS, CARBS, CABLES, CHAIN AND AIR FITLER EVERY TIME I RIDE.

AS TO ACTUAL MAINTANCE, I INSTALL NEW PLUGS EVERY YEAR, WHEATHER IT NEEDS THEM OR NOT. I CLEAN THE CARBS, CLEAN THE AIR FITLER EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS, AND CHANGE THE CRANKCASE OIL, AS WELL AS REPLACE THE COOLANT EVERY YEAR. I ALSO LUBE AND ADJUST THE CHAIN EVERY 6 MONTHS OR SO.

OUTSIDE OF THAT, I JUST RIDE IT TILL SOMETHING BREAKS. LOL.

THE BIGGEST THING I FIND IS TO KEEP CHECKING FOR LOOSENING BOLTS. ALL THAT VIBRATION FROM RIDING AND FROM THE ENGINE MAKES EVERYTHING COME APART AT SOME TIME. AS THINGS LOOSEN, I INSTALL THREADLOCKER AND RETORQUE. THAT SEEMS TO BE MY BIGGEST ISSUE.

Yes I had a carb cap vibrate loose one time. Like stated above it's always good to check the nuts and bolts from time to time. Keeping the air filter clean is also very important... if your riding in very dusty conditions it should be cleaned and oiled often. I change the transmission oil on mine alot also, theres no filter like a 4-stroke so it's a fairly quick and inexpensive job.

I think on average the back tires are usually the first thing thats going to wear out on a Banshee! lol

Thanks for the info.

I've heard the loosening of parts one quite a bit (not just in this topic, but people I talked to before buying it.)

I definately keep it clean.

I'll take a look at everything mentioned as soon as I get some time. (And off work, haha.)