Air leak?

I would say you have way to big pilot jets. #30's on a piped banshee. The motor needs more fuel when it is cold that is why it starts. (That is why there is a choak too) When the motor is hot it needs less fuel and with those big ass jets it probably wont start. You might as well be kicking it over with the choak on.

I would go to a set of stock (#25's I believe) or a size above stock (27.5's I believe)

How many tuns out is the air screw?

josh

I WOULD AGREE WITH JBOOKER.

ONE OTHER THING TO CHECK MIGHT BE COMPRESSION. MINE WOUDL START COLD, BUT NEVER HOT, IT WAS JUST LOW ENOUGH, TAHT ONCE IT COOLED DOWN AND RESEALED, I COUDL START IT. KINDA A LONG SHOT, BUT IF THE CARBS DONT FIX IT, I MIGHT RUN A QUICK COMPRESSION CHECK

I think the air screws are about 1.5 turns out. Compression is 110 both cylinders. Ill get some 25 ansd 27.5s tomorrow and try that. But what makes it rev up and idle fast when I pull out the choke when its idling?

I dont know about stock banshee carbs but my PWK33's do that too. It lets air bypass the slides, but it also pulls more fuel.

If you had a bad air leak you would have a hanging high Idle. When you rev it up in neutral it would rev up and slowly come back down. Know what I mean.

josh