if my cases are warped are they shot?

i think my cases might be warped. If they are, is there any way to fix them? Or does it mean if there warped i need to find a new set? I had to split my cases recently because they were leaking up by the pipes. So i re-sealed them and put in a new seal kit (crank, trans, etc) and now it is bubbling up the yamabond and starting to push it out in the exact same spot it leaked before. If i do have to re-do it again will i need to buy a new set of crank and trans seals? could there be another reason why its leaking in that spot? It just doesnt make sence both cases were cleaned perfect before i put it back together and i checked that spot before i put it back together and it looked fine. thanks

is this a difficult question?

I cannot weld or fabricate...but I would think that if it is just that one spot, it could be welded and machined back down to the original specs. If they're actually "warped" I'd think it would be unrepairable. Just my opinion..

I don't know why cases would spontaneously warp or leak?? It's not like you've got a 18 ml DM or some other torque monster.

the leak was the orginal problem, thats why i split the cases and re-sealed them...so i think it just took some time to push out the new yamabond or something

take the cases back apart clean them really good and run a flat sanding stone over the surface to make sure that it is flat. Put the yamabond on and let completely dry before putting in fluid and starting. Worked for me!

i cleaned those damn cases really good, i let the engine sit 2 days before i put any oil in it or started it

thats true but i also want something reliable. All my buddies are going up to the dunes this weekend and the shee is down AGAIN this damn thing is down more than its up and going. I understand that they require tinkering but damn this thing is a straight up money pit. hell ive only got maybe 20hrs on the damn thing since i bought it 9 months ago b/c its always screwing up.

thats true but i also want something reliable. All my buddies are going up to the dunes this weekend and the shee is down AGAIN this damn thing is down more than its up and going. I understand that they require tinkering but damn this thing is a straight up money pit. hell ive only got maybe 20hrs on the damn thing since i bought it 9 months ago b/c its always screwing up.

Just a thought: are you sure the dowel pins are installed to perfectly line up the cases? They could have been out when you bought it, and you'd never really notice when you took it apart, I don't think.

thats a good thought but i did notice the two dowels when i took it apart.....nuyk pm me a price for those cases shipped to 49448 thanks

Isnt there supose to be dowl pins on all the cyinder to top case studs? I mine back to gether with out them and the cylinders came loose and blew the base gaskets and yamabond out. So I just put all new dowls in and no problems. I also check to make sure the nuts are tight too.

josh