Porting Question

Hi, I recently put a rod through my case so the banshee is in rebuild stage..Its ported and i ruined one of the cylinder jugs..Do i need to get the jug ported or will it be fine with one side ported and other side not..Ive called a couple macanics and some say it needs to be and others say the other piston will pick up the slack for the un ported side..Moneys tight and i really want to get it running..thanks

Josh

As everyone else has said, you will have to get both cylinders ported. That would be like trying to run a drag ported cylinder with someone's dune ported cylinder...just ain't gonna work :yelrotflmao:

Welcome to the HQ :thumbsup:

As said above, both cylinders need to be the same. The reason this is so crucial is stress on the crankshaft and harmonics/vibration, if one side is applying more force than the other your chances of slipping your crank out of phaze is worse. Not to mention tuning issues and the fact that it won't run worth a damn. I agree, I wouldn't let the mechanic who gave you that advice touch anything.

Do a trail port or one cylinder and a drag port on the other. Just make sure you have the right pipe for each cylinder. Shearer on the drag ported and a Paul turner Mid on the other. That way you get the best of both worlds. :biggrin:

I think he should do one in-frame pipe and one out of frame pipe.