VP Racing fuel

I used to use c-12 but I switched to c111. You can only get c111 in the winter though... at least around here. It's supose to be for 2 stroke sleds. We were told from the dealer it's almost the same as c-12 but cheaper.

vp c 12 no 50/50. straight c 12 and maxima 927. when you mix it with pump gas any kinda gain you might hope to expect is null and void because of all the additives they put in pump gas.

Why not run 50/50?? I have 195psi comp on a gauge, so it's probably a little higher than that yet, at 2000-3000 feet and have been mixing 50/50 for years with no problems. As have all my riding buddies. We all use the same fuel with Amsoil and none of us have ever burned a piston.

I used to use c-12 but I switched to c111. You can only get c111 in the winter though... at least around here. It's supose to be for 2 stroke sleds. We were told from the dealer it's almost the same as c-12 but cheaper.

Why not run 50/50?? I have 195psi comp on a gauge, so it's probably a little higher than that yet, at 2000-3000 feet and have been mixing 50/50 for years with no problems. As have all my riding buddies. We all use the same fuel with Amsoil and none of us have ever burned a piston.

i find it very unlikley that your moto runs well on 50/50 with 195 psi compression

i find it very unlikley that your moto runs well on 50/50 with 195 psi compression

Like I said I have been running it like that for years... It's a 485 Cheetah from K&T, with CPI's. 35.5mm carbs & +4 timing. I had it apart last winter to replace a broken cylinder stud and the pistons looked like brand new. I get 195 psi on my comp. gauge, but they are never exactly acurate. The 2 guys I ride with all the time use the same fuel and mixture. One of them has a 421 Cub set up basically the same as me, and the other has a cut and ported 250r which got 190 on the gauge.

I have heard before not to mix fuels but I never heard a good reason why, and since it has been working just fine for so long I don't see a reason to change. So I was just wondering if someone actually has a reason to not mix fuel or if they say don't just because they heard not to some where.

Like I said I have been running it like that for years... It's a 485 Cheetah from K&T, with CPI's. 35.5mm carbs & +4 timing. I had it apart last winter to replace a broken cylinder stud and the pistons looked like brand new. I get 195 psi on my comp. gauge, but they are never exactly acurate. The 2 guys I ride with all the time use the same fuel and mixture. One of them has a 421 Cub set up basically the same as me, and the other has a cut and ported 250r which got 190 on the gauge.

I have heard before not to mix fuels but I never heard a good reason why, and since it has been working just fine for so long I don't see a reason to change. So I was just wondering if someone actually has a reason to not mix fuel or if they say don't just because they heard not to some where.

i dont see anything problem with mixing, i ran 50/50 all the time back in the day. i was thinking more along the lines of having so much comprssion on a fule with low octane. thats a ton of compression especially at that altitude.

i dont see anything problem with mixing, i ran 50/50 all the time back in the day. i was thinking more along the lines of having so much comprssion on a fule with low octane. thats a ton of compression especially at that altitude.

I agree... when I first changed over to the cheetah I didn't have a compression gauge to check it with so I just used the same fuel I ran before in my 420. I was cautious and checked for detonation, but never had any problems. When I finally did check it with a gauge I was very suprised. I only had 160 with my old 420 setup. I actually got both those readings off my buddies gauge. I have purchased my own now but I haven't used it.

I remember reading somewhere that when mixing fuels you still get the ignition properties of the lower octane, since technically it is still there.

I dont know if there's any truth to this, but if you think about it it kinda makes sense. There was a big thread about it awhile back.

I remember reading somewhere that when mixing fuels you still get the ignition properties of the lower octane, since technically it is still there.

I dont know if there's any truth to this, but if you think about it it kinda makes sense. There was a big thread about it awhile back.

it would make sense for that to be the case, but I'm not chemical engineer so IDK

i noticed on my bikes the bike ran good on a 50/50 mix. the thread that talked about this was a long time ago. backcountry, martin saint, and some other builders were saying pump gas is a chemical soup ,any mixing with high octane race fuel gets voided when doing so.when i ran straight c 12 or c 16, they ran better all day long. to each his own. whatever works.

My buddie is going to hook me up with some AV fuel. So I think I am trying that first since I can get it through him at about $5ish a gallon. We will see how that works, and I'll run it staight, not mixed with premium. Oh the stuff they get is Unleaded.......

i noticed on my bikes the bike ran good on a 50/50 mix. the thread that talked about this was a long time ago. backcountry, martin saint, and some other builders were saying pump gas is a chemical soup ,any mixing with high octane race fuel gets voided when doing so.when i ran straight c 12 or c 16, they ran better all day long. to each his own. whatever works.

ok cool... I sent an e-mail to the VP tech dept. just to see what they have to say about it but maybe I'll try running some straight c111 just to see if I can notice any difference. MY brother also works for ESSO so I'll give him a call too. You got me curious now... I'm gona look into some av gas too.

My buddie is going to hook me up with some AV fuel. So I think I am trying that first since I can get it through him at about $5ish a gallon. We will see how that works, and I'll run it staight, not mixed with premium. Oh the stuff they get is Unleaded.......

Humm thats interesting, most AV 110 is leaded.