Carb/starting problems

:down: First of all I would like to apologize if this question has already been answered... tho I don't thread often I am no newb but have a sh*t computer and don't have time to search much.... second you guys are usually good help to the people with problems on here... everynow and then there is a tard who wants to argue with every one but Im hopin i get some goodness too!! lol, :cool: first off its the 01 shee with fmf fatties boost bottle and Keihen flat slides... wiseco standard pistons.. k have no compression tester but plenty of compression to pop my finger off... as the book puts it... won't start for shit takes 20 kicks if I can even keep kicking it or if i pull it when it starts right side doesn't seem to be running well no smoke from the right pipe and back fires every so often but I know the piston is cool i just put the new ones in like 3 months ago i have spark... oh and I have a ricky stator with adjustable plate.... umm I think its the carbs no clue what size the jets are how to tell how to change how to adjust don't know sh*t about carbs... I don't want a four poke but honestly RUN DAMN IT

thanks guys

Colin

Sounds like dirty carbs,but could be alot of other things.Take those carbs off take them apart and give them a good cleaning.

Couldnt really understand everything you said. But ive seen 4 things so far that will make a banshee backfire...

1. Dirty carbs.

2. bad Stator.

3.sheared flywheel key.

4. Jetting is too lean.

I had the same problem. Only one side would run and it would backfire like crazy. My problem was a bad stator. Switch your plug wires and see if the right side starts running good or it stays the same then get back to us.