2005 shee problems

Hi all, just bought a 2005 banshee LE and was told that it had very little hours on it, which is believable to me because the plastics were in perfect condition and it starts first kick everytime. However, I notice that while I'm out riding and get on it that it tends to slowly build up to power then almost feels like it hit full spool of a turbo or somebody just flipped on the nitrous. This may just be the powerband kicking in, like I said I'm new to 2 stroke quads. Also, just today I was out riding with some friends, and just after slowing from 6th gear it started to bog a little. At first thought I quickly pulled the clutch in and pulled over and shut it off, thinking that I was running out of fuel. After looking and seeing about 1/2 tank left I'm thinking maybe a fuel issue possibly? I'm hoping this is not a serious problem and would appreciate any help thanks.

Hi all, just bought a 2005 banshee LE and was told that it had very little hours on it, which is believable to me because the plastics were in perfect condition and it starts first kick everytime. However, I notice that while I'm out riding and get on it that it tends to slowly build up to power then almost feels like it hit full spool of a turbo or somebody just flipped on the nitrous. This may just be the powerband kicking in, like I said I'm new to 2 stroke quads. Also, just today I was out riding with some friends, and just after slowing from 6th gear it started to bog a little. At first thought I quickly pulled the clutch in and pulled over and shut it off, thinking that I was running out of fuel. After looking and seeing about 1/2 tank left I'm thinking maybe a fuel issue possibly? I'm hoping this is not a serious problem and would appreciate any help thanks.

If you slowed from 6th gear, downshit a gear or 2.............Welcome to 2 -Stroke paradise!!! The "turbo" feeling is typical of the Banshee...

If you slowed from 6th gear, downshit a gear or 2.............Welcome to 2 -Stroke paradise!!! The "turbo" feeling is typical of the Banshee...

This is exactly what I did. What would be a tip maybe to advoid this from happening or what should I do when this happens in the future. I was sitting there for about 30 min and just couldn't seem to get it going again without bogging down. Then I started to have trouble turning it over so I quit. When I finally got hauled home via truck :( , I went to fire it up and it turned over first try and stayed strong without any bog.

Pull bowls off carbs and make sure the bike was rejetted for the K&N filter. If it wasnt and you were running hard in 6th, you could be too lean. The fact that it got hard to kick over worries me a bit. Oh yeah, and the spooled up feeling is why we all like banshees. Keep it wound up and enjoy. Report back what main jets are in the bike and somebody will let you know if they are correct for your set up.

A bog at Wide Open Throttle is usually an indication that its rich on the mains.Before you go leaner on the mains try this.With the motor warmed up pull the choke out to the first notch,if the bog at WOT gets worse you know your rich and can drop a size on the mains;if it gets better with the choke out it means your lean and should start going up on the mains until it bogs at WOT then drop a size.

Thanks for the tips guys. Talked to a local racer and had him check it out real quick, and he noticed I was running a little rich. All I did was filled up with 40:1 mix and its running like new now. Thanks everyone you were all dead on :) .