HOW TO pull flywheel

step 1) buy correct yamaha flywheel puller. (reverse threaded=righy loosey)

step 2) use it correctly.... this means be PATIENT!!! NOTE:If the threads are shitty on the wheel then use a dremel and wire wheel to clean them. Also take the same dremel with a cut off wheel this time and cut 4 vertical cuts throught the threads on the puller to clean as it goes in.

step3) have a beer because you did it the right way the first time. :beer:

Edited by TurboBanshee420

my problem is i cant get the nut off the stud.. ive been usin a impact gun but it wont come off

its not reverse thread or anythin is it?

No its not reverse thread but what are you useing to hold the fly wheel???

1St use the rite tools............

that claw puller will not only mess up the fly wheel by crushing the magnets in there but will f**k up your staror too ............... :blink:

No its not reverse thread but what are you useing to hold the fly wheel???

1St use the rite tools............

that claw puller will not only mess up the fly wheel by crushing the magnets in there but will f**k up your staror too ............... :blink:

the block of wood under the piston like the book says to use(clymer)

im not usin a claw puller i have the tool to remove the flywheel straight from yamy...

but i got to get the bolt off first right

If you used a 3 jaw puller and haven't removed the crankshaft nut yet, throw that flywheel out. It's trashed.

Use a better impact gun to get it off. Soak it over night with some WD40 or other...

Take a small wire brush and clean the threads on the flywheel itself where the puller threads in. I had a year old Ricky Stator flywheel that was quickly trashed...I had to weld the removal tool onto the flywheel to get it off, twice....it broke the tack welds.