Am I just too fat for my banshee?

pittss1c

I am new and technique could be a factor, but I was on a motorcross track the other day, and it seemed like I was bottoming out on the bigger jumps way too often.

If I compare my front suspension to other brands of quads, mine is WAY softer.

Is this normal for stock springs and a 200+ pound rider?

what types of jumps were you taking??? banshee stock suspension sucks but i dont think you will bottom out. 200 pounds is heavy but not really that heavy. im 230 and i havent bottomed out yet. maybe your jumping higer than me. maybe you got your shocks revalved for a lighter rider. if you ride mx you should look into some aftermarket suspension you wont regret it.

yea your just too heavy, and even if you wernt 200+ they still suck balls and you would have to be nuts to hit any decent sized jump with them, mine used to bottom out everytime i hit this little 20 foot tabletop, they arnt rebuildable so after a certain amount of hours, i think they say in the book 80, its time to throw them out, you can have the rear shock rebuilt by one of many companies , and then upgrade to some +2's and some new shocks, its night and day difference, stock banshee suspension is hideous

I was looking at the cost of front shocks... maybe I should just take smaller jumps.

Maybe you could look into a set of Works shocks, from what I understand they offer some pretty decent shocks at a reasonable price.

I will keep my eyes out for some YFZ450 shocks.

My Nephew got a set of those off e-bay a few months ago for 130 bucks I think it was. We did a little grinding and shaped them and the brackets to fit his 660, he said it was a great improvement over his stockers.

I am new and technique could be a factor, but I was on a motorcross track the other day, and it seemed like I was bottoming out on the bigger jumps way too often.

If I compare my front suspension to other brands of quads, mine is WAY softer.

Is this normal for stock springs and a 200+ pound rider?

You can do something resonable with an OEM Banshee rear shock and YFZ450 front shock, send them to TCS to have them setup for your weight, riding type, etc........... :geek:

• 2 weeks later...

the banshee rear shock shouldn t bottom at 200 lb. i had the same problem with the fronts.they are junk. good for blaster replacements. i have some freshly revalved works double rates on a bike i am parting. 200lb revalve about a month ago.pm me if interested.

I figure it will be a little while before I am jumping that high. I think I will plan on putting some YFZ450 shocks on my list of things to buy. Now... to assign priority to the list :)

Learning the right amount to shift my weight back is helping quite a bit. Now I am just bottoming out when I screw up. (which is still a little too frequent... I'll learn)

Thanks