HJR 4mil

Well I got a chance to really get some time in on this motor build and it's awesome!!!

Kevin was very helpful through the whole process, he sold me only what I needed and made reccomendations for a few of the little things I had forgotten about. He made sure I had everything I needed but didn't try to sell me extra crap.

His porting is second to none IMO. Bigred has his stuff ported by Gorr over in Europe and he was impressed with Kevin's work. Both how it looked and ran.

I laid out the pain for the 450's, 700's, and of course 660's. Raced a Qzilla a few times and he would get me by about 1.5 lenghts but that was because of my launch. I REALLY need a longer swingarm and some more paddle for this much power...

I finally got the hang of slipping the clutch a little and staying just on top of the pipe so I could come out of the hole. Course it wheelied in every gear 1-4th up the drag hill but I could ride it out after I hit 2nd.

Bike ran strong all weekend. Beat on it hard drag racing, took it on 40+ mile round trip ride, started up everytime and ran strong.

SUCH A BLAST.

Couldn't have done it without Kevins expertise, fast turnaround, and most of all BIG RED'S willingness to help and share EVERYTHING he has with me. I think it has more of his spare little odds and ends parts than it does of my own LOL!

To anyone considering Kevin's work, go for it!!! He knows what he is doing. I told him my riding style, weight, pipes, carbs, etc and he did a custom port job based on that and he was right on the money.

He also did the domes for me, told him I wanted 150psi and that's what I got. 150psi EXACTLY, and at my elevation that wasn't an easy guess LOL.

Just thought I would share. :-)

if you are racing someone you should start in second gear its much faster due to first gear being so short. sounds like you have a great build :thumbsup: . i have not made up my mind who will port my super cub yet earthier kevin or jeff from fast thanks for the feed back

i also just had my cylinders ported by kevin just a dune port but i can not comment as to how they run as i am in the process of moving but i can tell you that they look really good if that means anything..but as soon as i can get my bike back togther i will chime in on how they run.

tedd are you having a cub done by kevin?

Already done! I started it 1st time last Saturday. I'll go to some sand tomorrow to do some plug chops.

I got from Kevin:

Noss head (22cc domes)

Cub cylinders 68mm, Kevin's "Stage 2" porting

Wiseco 68mm long rod pistons

39mm PWKs w/cables

Pod filters for 39s

Slingshot

+8 swinger

Dual Pingel

From Hotrods:

+4 stroke, long rod crank (couple months before I got the rest of the stuff from Kevin)

From Cascade:

SB inframe Shearers

22x11x8x12 paddle SLS Extremes

Billett impeller and associated WP rebuild stuff

From RMATV:

Chain & Sprockets (Went with stock gearing till I ride it some and see what it wants)

New brakes all around

Spark Plugs

Got it all together last weekend. It started on the 3rd kick. Warmed it up and adjusted the carbs. After sitting a day or 2, I can go out and turn on the gas, kick it once, and it idles. No fuss, no muss, it wants to run.

Kevin jetted the carbs before he sent them and the slow jets and needles seem to be dead on. I think I'm a tad rich on the mains, i"ll know for sure tomorrow. He sent a few extra jets just in case.

So far, I am more than pleased. I'm tickled shizless.

:biggrin: :teehee: :thumbsup:

Rick

I also cut all the fenders off and put the stock front end back on...gotta change sig pics now...

Tedd...whay the switch to the stock front end????

Well, I have been mostly sand dragging lately and the 450 arms are just too wide for me.

I am looking and saving for a chrome drag front end.

Anyone want a good 450 set up?

Rick

Already done! I started it 1st time last Saturday. I'll go to some sand tomorrow to do some plug chops.

I got from Kevin:

Noss head (22cc domes)

Cub cylinders 68mm, Kevin's "Stage 2" porting

Wiseco 68mm long rod pistons

39mm PWKs w/cables

Pod filters for 39s

Slingshot

+8 swinger

Dual Pingel

From Hotrods:

+4 stroke, long rod crank (couple months before I got the rest of the stuff from Kevin)

From Cascade:

SB inframe Shearers

22x11x8x12 paddle SLS Extremes

Billett impeller and associated WP rebuild stuff

From RMATV:

Chain & Sprockets (Went with stock gearing till I ride it some and see what it wants)

New brakes all around

Spark Plugs

Got it all together last weekend. It started on the 3rd kick. Warmed it up and adjusted the carbs. After sitting a day or 2, I can go out and turn on the gas, kick it once, and it idles. No fuss, no muss, it wants to run.

Kevin jetted the carbs before he sent them and the slow jets and needles seem to be dead on. I think I'm a tad rich on the mains, i"ll know for sure tomorrow. He sent a few extra jets just in case.

So far, I am more than pleased. I'm tickled shizless.

:biggrin: :teehee: :thumbsup:

Rick

I also cut all the fenders off and put the stock front end back on...gotta change sig pics now...

What mains/pilots and clip are you running? What needle?