wonding if this has been done

dont think ill ever do it but it seems posable maybe. Has any on ever run nitro methonal through there quads. Yea im just stupid but alittle bored so i figured i would ask seems you could raise the compression up enough to glow plg it and run exstrem high compression drag bike.

You dont have to glow plug it. If you run Methanol on your banshee your part of the way there. I dont think very many people run it because it dont take much to totaly gernade an engine.

All the RC car fuel is Nitromethane, Methanol Alachol, and 2 stroke oil. There are guys that drag race Built to the Hill Raptor 660's that run Nitromethane. The NHRA Top Fuel Dragsters they run that fuel too. They just happen to run 90% Nitromethane, 10% Methanol.

I think one better look at the properties of Nitro. before adding to any engine. The burn rate, octane, and btu/gal are key specs to tuning this fuel. We have used up to 20% in banshees but detonation is very hard to hold back because of the properties of the fuel. Best of luck shooting from the hip with this fuel. The fuel can be hard on rods and can cause piston fractures. Piston anodize or coatings are preferred with this fuel.

Brandon

I think one better look at the properties of Nitro. before adding to any engine. The burn rate, octane, and btu/gal are key specs to tuning this fuel. We have used up to 20% in banshees but detonation is very hard to hold back because of the properties of the fuel. Best of luck shooting from the hip with this fuel. The fuel can be hard on rods and can cause piston fractures. Piston anodize or coatings are preferred with this fuel.

Brandon

What was the other 80%?

Brandon

thanks I was thinking this fuel would be very tough on things. its a exstremly high compression fuel that would run better on glo plugs then staight spark. I have seen motors run on no spark at all just plan compression. so much so its quit next to impossable to turn the darn thing over. and counter weight is another issue with a motoer with this much compression. this would be much easier with a single cylender engine i thing.

I do have a funny story about this fuel though. I have ran it in a snowblower once staight. ran out of gas one time and had some 15% around and need to get to work. needless ly to say after some fooing with the carb it ran like a champ. I couldnt believe it dint mess any thing up on it. Best smelling snowblower on the block that day is for sure.lol

That is how top fuel drag cars run it. Once they take off the starting line the electrodes on the plugs melt off and it just runs like a diesel. When they shut them down they turn the fuel off.

Try running some in an old weed wacker or other 2 stroke motor. I sugest one you dont want any more. It will do the same thing. push the kill button and it keeps on running.

That is how top fuel drag cars run it. Once they take off the starting line the electrodes on the plugs melt off and it just runs like a diesel. When they shut them down they turn the fuel off.

Try running some in an old weed wacker or other 2 stroke motor. I sugest one you dont want any more. It will do the same thing. push the kill button and it keeps on running.

THanks for all the replys. I was just alittle bored so i figured why not. i think i may do a little with an old motor ive got see what i can figure out. ive got about 4 old 400 snow mobile motors layin around and a i was going to drag one any way. think i might fool around with some different ideas ive got. Do up some math. see what i can come up with. ill let you all know if i come up with any thing cool or just a blown motor. has any one got any info on max rpm sort of info. i.e metal specs. breaking points of different compents. ill run my moto progam on this see where i can take it to its should be as simple as millin the heads down and squizin it as much as i can. then ill deal with the port timing.

sorry fellows that i dont spell worth a damb but when it comes to motors i can do that sorta work . this should be a fun project to exsplore. never know what migh come out of it

dont think ill ever do it but it seems posable maybe. Has any on ever run nitro methonal through there quads. Yea im just stupid but alittle bored so i figured i would ask seems you could raise the compression up enough to glow plg it and run exstrem high compression drag bike.

RC Car fuel is not really true nitromethane. However, there are several folks out there that do run real nitromethane in the theur bikes. :geek: