what type of brake fluid does it take

Has anybody flushed their system out and put straight DOT 5 in? The cool thing about DOT 5 is it doesn't attack paint. I run in it my Baja and it has saved the frame and calipers a couple of time from some oops when filling or bleeding the brakes.

Has anybody flushed their system out and put straight DOT 5 in? The cool thing about DOT 5 is it doesn't attack paint. I run in it my Baja and it has saved the frame and calipers a couple of time from some oops when filling or bleeding the brakes.

i have had pretty good luck with dot 4 not eating my PC. I am usually good about getting some simple green or somethig to wash it off but not always.

i have had pretty good luck with dot 4 not eating my PC. I am usually good about getting some simple green or somethig to wash it off but not always.

If I had PC'd everything I probably wouldn't worry about it, but I painted everything with 2 stage, so im a little paranoid.

Dot 3 + 4 keep moisture suspended, while dot 5 wont. So Moisture collects at the lowest point in the breaking system, the bottom of the calipars. Water Boils 212 deg. Minimum Boiling point for Wet Dot 4 is 311 deg.

I run Motul DOT 5.1

Non Silicone Base, 100% Synthetic

It has the high boiling point like regular silicone base DOT5, but doesnt allow moisture to collect at the bottom of the brake system. Best of both worlds...

You can use it in brake systems specifing DOT3, DOT4 or DOT5.1

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDet...odFamilyId=3359

mot_05_bra_flu.jpg