Leaky petcock fix?

TJ10

Alright so here's the problem. My petcock leaks when the valve is shut and pisses gas out of the overflows. So after a weekend fishing trip, I come home to find a full tank of $5/gal gas soaked into my yard. Anyway, I can get a new petcock for around $70 or I was thinking of adding an in line valve between the petcock and the T to the carbs which I get for around $15. Not sure if it will reduce flow too much. Anyone tried anything like this or have any other suggestions?

The pingel valve is what I meant. The single outlet valves are $70. I don't want to replace it with an oem valve because I'm pretty sure mine has leaked since the bike was new. I was just wondering if anyone tried anything like that before. I'll probably just go with the Pingel.

I never really thought of rebuilding it. I thought I remembered reading somewhere on here that they weren't real easy to take apart so I kind of just threw that option out the window. I haven't really had time to take it apart and look at it though. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to it this weekend. I've got oodles of o-rings laying around if that ends up being the remedy. Thanks for the replies.