Big Sand Hill Climb Question

Ok guys so some of you locals or whomever may have tried this hill before but not many people go to this spot for some reason. It's Seminoe State Park in Wyoming. The big sand hill out there is about 800' high and very steep.

I haven't tried it yet because I'm not sure if my bowls will run dry or not???

That is my question, I have stock carbs with stock crank, ported, vforce 3, cool head with 17cc domes, stock fuel valve, that's all I can think of that you may want to know...

How likely am I to run my bowls dry and blow her up??

I've run lots of hills but nothing this big...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Replied over on DR Tate. I'm gonna have to get out there and see that hill!

how was Seminoe? Never been there...

Oh man I really liked it! A lot of people say it sucks but I'm not sure why, It's got some massive friggin hills and a LOT of dunes all over the place. Some are even a bit challenging to get to. Perfect place to go play on the beach, ride the dunes and then when you get too hot jump in the lake.

Best of both worlds!

I had fun and I'm kicking myself in the ass for not camping, we only did a day trip.

Did you take any pictures????? You may run your bowls dry. The way I would do it (even with my pingel, larger carbs, and cub) would be thumb it the whole way and never stay wide open for a long period of time. If you slow down too much just whip it around and go back if you can.

Jon

Did you take any pictures????? You may run your bowls dry. The way I would do it (even with my pingel, larger carbs, and cub) would be thumb it the whole way and never stay wide open for a long period of time. If you slow down too much just whip it around and go back if you can.

Jon

Have you been out there Jon? I'm even a little worried about rolling if I tried to whip it around but I don't know. I did take some pics but you really can't tell at all how high the hill is from them.

sanddunes001.jpg

sanddunes002.jpg

sanddunes003.jpg

Have you been out there Jon? I'm even a little worried about rolling if I tried to whip it around but I don't know. I did take some pics but you really can't tell at all how high the hill is from them.

No I haven't ever made it to Seminoe yet, just heard a lot about it. But judging by those pics I think I just found my new favorite place! Sometimes it can be a trick to whip it around if you don't have much room but I like it better than digging it in and sitting there wondering if your going to tip backwards the next time you take a breath. I guess I'm used to doing it on more open areas though too so turning around is a pretty good option then.

No I haven't ever made it to Seminoe yet, just heard a lot about it. But judging by those pics I think I just found my new favorite place! Sometimes it can be a trick to whip it around if you don't have much room but I like it better than digging it in and sitting there wondering if your going to tip backwards the next time you take a breath. I guess I'm used to doing it on more open areas though too so turning around is a pretty good option then.

Yeah there's room to turn but it's a pretty intimidating hill! I want to nail it soooooo bad though!! Hehehe.

You'll have to head up there when we go sometime.

I havent' been there, but i wouldn't sweat it. I ride glamis and dumont and sand mountain nev. There are some big ass steep hills there. I would pin that bitch to the wood and keep shifting up till she wont pull anymore then hang on. If it starts to lug down at the top kick it down a gear and let her sing.

There's nothing wrong with pinning it and going I've just had the experience of running the bowls dry before. I'll still pin it for a while but then I'll start thumbing it if I can just to make sure. When you run dry and lose power immediately on a steep hill it will scare the shiot out of you. Happened to me climbing in the fingers on the face side of sand mountain in Utah. I think I threw those shorts away. I haven't done it since and I didn't kill my motor but coming to a stop without being able to dig in, turn around, or really do much of anything kind of got to me. Good thing I weigh 230 so I had enough weight to get a hold of my bike from topside and spin it around for a ride down the hill. JMO and apparently I'm in a mood to talk tonight.

There's nothing wrong with pinning it and going I've just had the experience of running the bowls dry before. I'll still pin it for a while but then I'll start thumbing it if I can just to make sure. When you run dry and lose power immediately on a steep hill it will scare the shiot out of you. Happened to me climbing in the fingers on the face side of sand mountain in Utah. I think I threw those shorts away. I haven't done it since and I didn't kill my motor but coming to a stop without being able to dig in, turn around, or really do much of anything kind of got to me. Good thing I weigh 230 so I had enough weight to get a hold of my bike from topside and spin it around for a ride down the hill. JMO and apparently I'm in a mood to talk tonight.

Yeah I imagine I would drop a load on a hill like that too if it died like that!! LOL

Hey here is a quick video of it... I'll be posting another really short one here in a little while too

http://www.bansheetube.com/user_video_detail.php?mId=6049

Yeah I imagine I would drop a load on a hill like that too if it died like that!! LOL

Hey here is a quick video of it... I'll be posting another really short one here in a little while too

http://www.bansheetube.com/user_video_detail.php?mId=6049

Ok its official. Fuck walden ever again. I'm now going to seminoe instead. I would even say screw KP but I live 30 minutes away lol. Cool vid man I need to get out there and wreck my banshee.....errrrr....I mean climb some hills and make new trails with my banshee. :evil: :evil:

Ok its official. Fuck walden ever again. I'm now going to seminoe instead. I would even say screw KP but I live 30 minutes away lol. Cool vid man I need to get out there and wreck my banshee.....errrrr....I mean climb some hills and make new trails with my banshee. :evil: :evil:

Honestly so far I like walden and seminoe equally. Actually quite different from one another. I've never been to KP though but I might be going up there for memorial just not sure where I'm going yet cause I'm by myself :confused:

Honestly so far I like walden and seminoe equally. Actually quite different from one another. I've never been to KP though but I might be going up there for memorial just not sure where I'm going yet cause I'm by myself :confused:

There are 3 main reasons I would say screw walden after that short vid.

1. Seminoe is closer for me

2. The climbs look a lot longer

3. The lack of trees means I can get stupid, shoot off the side of a trail by accident, and still recover rather than pile into trees.

I did that once last year at walden and have the scars to prove it lol. Plus you got a lake to go swimming in.

If you can see the punk ass arrow I put on this picture that is where I ran my bowls dry on sand mountain. I was not amused.

drycarb.jpg