CARNAGE

Yep, had about 2hrs on it.

I'll get a pic of the spark plug tomorrow, it's custom....

Good news is I just have to order a piston and put it back together. Got off lucky, the bore cleaned up nicely without any gouges, we just honed it and the dome will take some work but I can clean it up too.

Definitely. I was very dissapointed when that happened.

Certainly relieved to find I didn't mess up the new cylinders, crank etc.

Carb came out of the boot on the bottom and sucked a bunch of air. Jetting for the other side was a tad rich, piston looked perfect.

Thing ran HARD before that happened though, I mean pulled like nothing I have ever been on/in. SOOO much fun! Kevin really does good work.

Trying to find just one 795 series piston and get it here by Wednesday/Thus of this week. M&M only has sets of 2 on their site.

Edited by gregrob

That piston is nothing that a little JB Weld can't fix...LOL...

Seriously, when you take the top end off, get some gas and some 20:1 premix of your choice, take the motor out of the frame...and pour the fuel down the crank case on both sides... swish it around, then dump it out. I'd do this three or four times. Some of the metal had to make it down to the bearings...

I smoked a piston last year, just rinsed it...no issues...

While you're at it....get several white rags or towels you don't care for.

WHen you pour out the gas/oil from the crank case, you'll spot aluminum/metal shavings easier on the white cloth. Use a new one each time, and when the gas/oil coming out from the "flush" appear clean, you're good to go...