NOSSHEAD

wheeeweee lol good lord u guys i didnt "bash" anything, did i say dont buy this product? its junk, steer clear of it? no i said i cant get it to seal, the finish is poor on it and ive wasted 45 bux in o-rings on it, i apologize to the "builder" simply because it may have offended him, not because i was out of line! can i not voice my opinion on a product and seek advice?? isnt that what this whole bhq is about?? It was the head btw, i borrowed a buddies "nosshead" magine that to see if it'd seal up, worked fine.. Its a simple case of a frustrated buyer not being able to ride his new shee cuz of some dumb shi* now that its settled ill sale the head for 5bux to offset the advil cost :biggrin:

No offense to David or anything, but I understand completely where you're coming from... when things don't line up completely, or something fails, it's hard not to be pissed at the first thing that seems to be causing trouble. When my Banshee blew up over Labor Day weekend last year, I wanted to kill everybody who got within a 10-foot radius of me, and I had a much worse fate planned for the guy who rebuilt it for me.

Every now and then you get a dud, you just never expect it to happen to ya until it finally does.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sorry that's not how it works. 1st seek advice, THEN contact the builder (he did make it, he probably know wtf to do to fix it or will help you out with it), then you can complain.

As stated above by dlnoss, call him, maybe if he doesn't think ur a dumbass he'll help you out.

This is what irritates me about some builders/companies. Is if they think you dont know what your talking about and/or are new to the sport, they might not help you. People like this do not need to be in business. Not pointing fingers at any company/builder, but there are a few that are this way and I do not even consider them, but I contacted dlnoss, and seemed like a pretty decent businessman.

Edited by Colby

This is what irritates me about some builders/companies. Is if they think you dont know what your talking about and/or are new to the sport, they might not help you. People like this do not need to be in business. Not pointing fingers at any company/builder, but there are a few that are this way and I do not even consider them, but I contacted dlnoss, and seemed like a pretty decent businessman.

Yeah you'll run into that with the companies more than the builders I think.

wheeeweee lol good lord u guys i didnt "bash" anything, did i say dont buy this product? its junk, steer clear of it? no i said i cant get it to seal, the finish is poor on it and ive wasted 45 bux in o-rings on it, i apologize to the "builder" simply because it may have offended him, not because i was out of line! can i not voice my opinion on a product and seek advice?? isnt that what this whole bhq is about?? It was the head btw, i borrowed a buddies "nosshead" magine that to see if it'd seal up, worked fine.. Its a simple case of a frustrated buyer not being able to ride his new shee cuz of some dumb shi* now that its settled ill sale the head for 5bux to offset the advil cost :biggrin:

Since you have the ability to knock his machine work, you must be a professional machinist.

Why don't you just make your own head? Thought so...

Dave's work is top notch...period.

The couple of times I talked to him he was very nice, helpful and knowledgeable.

I went with a different product for a couple of reasons. Looks, I wanted to try a one piece head, and the guy is local to me...and at a very attractive price.

While you're certainly allowed your opinion, that opinion carries much more weight when it has truth behind it....and it's not just BS.

If you talked to me that way WITHOUT FIRST CONTACTING ME TO RESOLVE IT, I would consider that a slap in the face. Good luck getting help after that. I've done a lot of business with people on a lot of forums, I treat each one with respect and honesty...qualities Dave Noss has shown time and time again....

I don't like it when me or my products are insulted and have built my business on customer service and satisfaction. I do realize that there are some customers who can't be satisfied and I hope they buy their stuff from somebody else. I'll bend over backwards to help people if they want it. But,,, all that aside,,,

If you haven't bailed on the head yet, the problem can probably be fixed pretty easily and could be caused by a shallow acorn nut, a longer than normal stud, a stud that isn't threaded into the cylinder far enough, a damaged nut or washer or something else.

A Parker stat-o-seal is thicker than the copper washers and has an oring vulcanized into the center.

Let me know if you want to try that and/or if you can't find them locally.

-David

lol as a matter of fact what i do for a living is machine your 747 to 777 parts so u can safely fly :geek: the problems resolved, simple as that, i gave the head away, and bought a new one... No more issues 4 everybody, hate to see any of you guys blow an o-ring over this lol its a sad sad day when we all cant just get along..... I will continue to voice my opinion on shit though so if u gotta prob wit it people, dont read it :thumbsup:

lol as a matter of fact what i do for a living is machine your 747 to 777 parts so u can safely fly :geek: the problems resolved, simple as that, i gave the head away, and bought a new one... No more issues 4 everybody, hate to see any of you guys blow an o-ring over this lol its a sad sad day when we all cant just get along..... I will continue to voice my opinion on shit though so if u gotta prob wit it people, dont read it :thumbsup:

you machine parts for airplanes and had a problem with this that you couldn't resolve with a MACHINIST :blink: ruh roh

your beating a deadhorse, I run a 50 foot 5axis 3 spindle milacron gantry, run a mazak as well, I have never "stamped" nor worked on an assembly line, ive ran routers,gantrys,sparmills, horizontals and verticals,1,2,3 up to 6 spindle machines 3 5 6 axis machines from the 50's to modern time, i have gone to school for all of this, so before you open your farthole next time dont make the same mistake i did, or so ya'll say i did and jump to conclusions, you make yourself look like a real JACKASS. dont fly, if u seen half the shit ive seen u wouldnt. later