Customizing stock pipes for drag

My friend just got T5's to rplace his stockers and i was lookin into cutting them up and try to customize them into a drag pipe. I think if you start with the left pipe on the right and the right on the left, after cutting and figuring out the dimensions of course,, it might be possible!,,, i was just wondering if anyone has tried it?

sounds like someone has way too much time on their hands! LOL try it, take lots of pics, and we want video of it running.

Yeah lol i do have way too much time on my hands, currently unemployed which is holding me back on my shee mods. so i figured since i have a welder and cutting tools and a good idea why not! haha

Hmm, are you talking about just cutting them anywhere and welding them together in any sorta design? Or are you going to try and match them up to T5's?

Unless you are looking for scrap metal to practice welding, (which...stock pipes happen to be great scrap metal to practice on) then don't waste your time.

Look at any hand built pipe, or ever after market stamped, they flow better for a reason...and it's not because the reverse engineerd a stock pipe...

Hmm, are you talking about just cutting them anywhere and welding them together in any sorta design? Or are you going to try and match them up to T5's?

No i'm not tryin to match them up to the T5's, like i said they're no good for anything and i just have to much free time on my hands. The ones that monster posted a pic of are actually alot different than what i was thinkin, when my friend brings them down i'll start on them. but if i f#$! them up i'll just throw them away no big deal! if they turn out ok i'll post the pics

nothing wrong with that. I just didn't want you going into this project thinking you were gonna make 20 HP more than they do stock, etc....that's all.

Hell yes it'll be a fun tinker project, good practice for welding...and if you ruin them, you're really not ruining anything....:)

nothing wrong with that. I just didn't want you going into this project thinking you were gonna make 20 HP more than they do stock, etc....that's all.

Hell yes it'll be a fun tinker project, good practice for welding...and if you ruin them, you're really not ruining anything....:)

I've never conversed with you on here b4, but i do listen to what you have to say on all your posts! yes it will be good practice for welding, and it is just a tinker project, thanks for the support :beer:

Don't listen too much Riders...most of the posts are just hot air and full of shit...LOL.

Seriously, though... A lot of information gets passed around and down the line by word of mouth...it starts out by saying "I heard....."

I am 100% for trying new stuff and tinkering, etc.

I didn't want you to head into this with intentions of having miraculous results, etc...and then be disappointed.

I've always said, you can make a grocery getter into a top fuel dragster....but there are better ways to do things!!!