look at my jugs..

im not sure if you can tell but does this look like a decent port to you? reason i ask is cause im not feeling the power going up the hills at glamis. my cousin who has only fmf pipes, pods and reeds can take me from launch and stay with me in top end. now with my mods im assuming i should pull away easily on top end yet we're neck and neck. ive come to the conclusion that it may be be the port. the shop i took it to is not banshee specific. here are the pics..

rubysbaptism037.jpg

rubysbaptism038.jpg

rubysbaptism040.jpg

The intake is only a small part of a port job. You would have to remove the cylinders to get all the data needed to figure out what you have. If you do have a quality PJ that matches your pipes, you are probably fighting some jetting issues or have not complimented the porting with compression and timing mods.

B

Is your friend running 20 inch paddles also? Paddle size makes a big differentcs. Not talking about the number of paddles, The roll out. Gearing, rider weight, tunning and rider all play thier part...

he has sandstars for paddles, we are both at stock gearing, and his bike was tuned by me. he has my old setup wich ran tits before i did the port and the rest of the mods you see in my sig. we are the same height, weight and look almost like twins..we are cousins. im currently having issues with my electrical as well but im not sure if that could play a part in performance. my jetting at moment is 160 mains and 35(not sure if thats stock) pilots on 33pwk's.

There is a lot of work done on the intakes of your cylinders, but as mentioned earlier that is a very very small part of how a port job performs. Do you have access to a cam degree wheel?? If you do then mount it to your flywheel, pull your head off and tell us in degrees of rotation how long the exhaust port is open and also how long the transfer ports are open as these are two of the biggest factors in how a port job should perform. If not, measure from the deck of the cylinder to the roof of the exhaust and transfer ports. Also measure the width of the exhaust port and snap some pics so we have an idea on the shapes.

Also, your 10pdls are probably slowing you down vs his 8's and your engine may be fighting itself at high rpms with 18cc domes at sea level. Back your compression off, gear up some and run some 8pdl's and it'll be a whole different race.

-slo

Hmm you said the shop your took your engine too is not Banshee Specific? If that is the case maybe they just went at your cylinders not knowing how to port them... :ermm:

Hmm you said the shop your took your engine too is not Banshee Specific? If that is the case maybe they just went at your cylinders not knowing how to port them... :ermm:

i totally agree with you, at this point im slamming my head in between a door because ive been a member of this site for couple of years but only now asking questions which i should have been doing before i got the bike worked on. shoot i coulda had a mean ass dune port from hjr right now. ill call him tommorow and ask about this and maybe its fixable. if not im headed the 4mill with cpi's road this coming season anyways. ill just fork out some change for a cub.

and slo thanks for the reply, i also think im a little over paddled.

dont take off your clylinder. Get a degree wheel and we will show you how to check your ports out. Just dont take off your cylinders untill you check the ports. Take the head off though and that 4gallon gas tank of yours. Do you ride to butter cup from glamis or what?

dont take off your clylinder. Get a degree wheel and we will show you how to check your ports out. Just dont take off your cylinders untill you check the ports. Take the head off though and that 4gallon gas tank of yours. Do you ride to butter cup from glamis or what?

we're do you get a degree wheel at? ill go buy one. my first trip to glamis was in the middle of june for a night ride . we got there about 2 hours before sunrise and it was 98 degrees lol. we rode into daylight and found our selves in the middle of the dunes lost. one of us ran outa gas and i had enough sense of direction to get us back on the highway on my reserve. ever since then i always carry some gas on my 6 pack rack and got a bigger tank. that was my first ride on my banshee and the first time at glamis....ever since then ive been hooked lol :thumbsup:

with my engine I can ride from gecko campground to china wall and race a couple of times then to boardman ville and see the always pissed off bartender lady then to vendor row then to olds and race a couple of times then back to gecko almost hitting reserve. I hear you about the addiction of glamis. Once you go there you wont want to ride anywhere else unless its dunes. As far as degree wheels go you can pick them up at your local hot rod speed shops where all the v8 guys go. I have two and they do not fit over the crank perfectly. One is a motion pro and the hole cam very small and I drilled it out but that is not the way to do it. Maybe measure the treads size that the flywheel nut goes onto and go buy one based off that.