barrle plating/cubsetc/ how long does it last

twinrock

hey guys whats the life expectancy of the plating in the cheetah and cubs set up...its about $1000 a barrel to have re-plated here if anything was to go wrong..thanks

Holy crap man, did i read that right 1k per hole? Thats about double what the set cost to begin with. I would think you could ship it here and back and still be money waaay ahead, or just replace the set. Where you at? Im interested in this also. Before I bought my cub, i was talking with a friend who used to work for mercury marine, and he said they love the plated cylinders. He claimed better heat dissipation and great durability. Basically he said they will go for a long time as long as you dont hurt one of them from failure/ lean out etc. Im sure one of the pros around here will chime in and give a better answer.

They can last longer than a few sets of rings. I've melted one down from running a bowl dry and it was about $420 to have mine redone and that was overnight shipping both ways. I believe it's about $280 to have them redone and that's rewelding any scratches and replating and they're like new when you get em back.