could i wire?

Could i wire my kill switch through the orange wire going to the Coil pack?

Also on a side note went to fire it up and it hasn't been ran in a few months, and fuel was shut off. After a min or 2 i started feathering the throttle and the right side would backfire coming out of rpms, and it semmed to be idealing real low. rod it around for a while and now it seems fine, Should i lave it alone or look for some problems?

I would but the stock kill switch dosnt work.

I think he is trying to say use that wire on whatever new device you are using instead of cutting your coil wire and adding more resistance and ugly to the harness :shrug:

But, yea, itll work as long as whatever switch you are using is normally closed rather than open.

I think he is trying to say use that wire on whatever new device you are using instead of cutting your coil wire and adding more resistance and ugly to the harness :shrug:

But, yea, itll work as long as whatever switch you are using is normally closed rather than open.

Dont think there would be more than a couple ohms, i will measure though, and its a tether kill switch, so it should be normally closed. thanks for the advise

Dont think there would be more than a couple ohms, i will measure though, and its a tether kill switch, so it should be normally closed. thanks for the advise

my tether is notmally open bc when you make a close it grounds to kill the motor. If you leave the kill switch closed through your tether, it will never start. some are different though. check it with a conteneuity tester. I used the stock kill switch wire though. if it is n/c, go the orange wire route.

Yea that is what I am saying. Just use the black with white stipe wire to hook up your new kill switch. I know with the dyna CDI's they tell you not to hook up a teather or kill switch in the orange coil wire. It must not be good on the CDI's.