Need some help/advice please!

hey everyone. i have a couple of problems that i am hopeing you all can help me out with. first of all i was riding my banshee today and i shut it off, and when i went to restart it the kick starter quit working. it feels like there is no resistance to roll the crank over. next i notice that the trans fluid looks miky and has a coolant color to it and is over full. i suspect coolant is entering it, but from where and how?? what went wrong?? this is my first banshee and i havent really done much work to it or know what failed? and do i need a new kick starter unit? and how do i fix the problems?? any ideas or help would be great!! thanks!

well guess you can fix both problems at once while you have the clutch cover off. Coolant is probably getting in to your transmission through the water pump seal. The water pump is in the clutch cover so you can fix that probem on the bench after you take the cover off. Now would be a good time to upgrade to a Pro Design Billit water pump impeller and shaft. I would do New berring, seal, pro design water pump impeller, and proabably even a new plastic gear while I was in there.

As for the kick starter not working I bet the Idler gear bushing is shot and it wabled off the shaft. You can get a new bushing washer and E clip from FAST instead of buying the whole gear from yamaha. He would aso have your water pump parts as well.