Banshee Timeline

I've also seen that model chart on Yamaha's website, but the '87 depicted looks just like the '96 shown. I remember when the Banshee first came out, and I remember them being red and white with a red frame and red seat. The headlight housings were white. Maybe there was an '87 with the colors depicted on the chart, but I don't recall seeing one like that.

Now the '88 on there looks accurate.

This is what my 87 looked like. oem fenders and frame paint.

100_0897-1.jpg

This is what my 87 looked like. oem fenders and frame paint.

100_0897-1.jpg

That Shee looks good, I don't know what it is about that original color scheme but I like it the best of all. When I got mine I didn't have the choice of the red and white, but that's what I would have got if I could.

Now don't get me wrong, I love mine and the blue looks good also..... but I am partial to the original colors. I thought about maybe getting some plastic's, but there'd be too much powdercoating involved. ( frame, a-arms, swing-arm.) By the time I got done I'd have a fortune in it. Not to mention seat cover and headlight housings.

My 2000 is blue, of course I bought it used and the plastic could have been changed. Do you think that time line is accurate?

I dont know why they dont have blue up there for 99 and 00. My 2000 shee came with blue plastics from the dealer and so did my buddies 99