Looking for a port job

First of all, I don't know how to go about this. I want to get a dune port on my banshee but don't know who I should go with. I have 2 options. Passion or F.A.S.T. I live in Texas and want to go with one of these two guys because they are closer to me, I've also read alot of good things about them. Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations. Thanks everyone.

What are you talking about you have two options. You have DOZENS of options.

Jeff and Jim build fine motors indeed...but that would be like saying I'm only buying a Ford or Chevy....there are tonz of choices out there.

As said, in a week or so there is a BIG sand drag race in Louisiana...so, builders are scurrying to get the last little things done.

FAST

Passion

Kevin Herr

Flotek

A&S

RDZ

K&T

LC Performance

Nate McCoy

Titan Racing

Rudy Kurtz (Port Magic)

That is just a quick, short list...

I'd wait a couple of weeks till the big race is over and life gets back to normal...give 'em all a call, see what they way, how they treat you, etc.

All you're gonna do with this thread is basically get a vote from whos' done work for them. I'd bet most people have not used more than one builder, so...it's kinda hard for them to tell you what another has done for them....they just know the guy that ported their cylinder made the bike faster...

Put it this way. I was going to get my work done by Jeff at FAST. He was so busy and He is such a honest guy that he said that if he was going to recommend anyone other than his shop it would be Kevin at HERR JUGZ. He told me that if he had to have a bomb ass motor built and he couldnt do it that Kevin is who to go to. So I took the advice. He finished my work in 1 week and now people just stare at my back all day.

i had jeff at FAST do mine. while the wait to get them was a little longer than expected. it was worth the wait. he has great customer service. he will spend the time to talk to you and see what you want done and help you with your decision. also after i did get mine back from him one jug leaned out and burned a hole in the piston. this was not jeffs fault but after calling him he had my jugs back to me in less than a week. i found the problem to be a rock in the carb not sure how it got past the fuel filter but somehow it did. but to me the customer srevice is worth the wait and will use him again next time i need someting ported or ?????

kevin herr definitly is a nice guy and i bet youll like his work for sure if thats what yo u ultimately decide on ,luckily theres lots of good builders for banshees ,but as stated above we are so freakin swamped wit h the drag season approcaching and weather improving by the day and lets face it we all wanna ride and definitly want that edge and ability to beat down the neighbors new efi 700raptor lol so the turnaround can get delayed .alot of builders wont sacrifice quality for quantity.. i know i would rather be off by a week or two on what i originaly estimated than to rush through any portjob just to get it out the door to turn a fast buck .not worth it and nobody who runs a company likes to turn down work but we gotta also remember the customer is priority and we are only human .. a small shop simply can only get so much done i n a given time frame . :cool:

I'd wait a couple of weeks till the big race is over and life gets back to normal...give 'em all a call, see what they way, how they treat you, etc.

All you're gonna do with this thread is basically get a vote from whos' done work for them. I'd bet most people have not used more than one builder, so...it's kinda hard for them to tell you what another has done for them....they just know the guy that ported their cylinder made the bike faster...

I picked through Dave's list and here are are the only folks I would recommend based on talking to them or woking with them in order (the ones without numbers are tied in my book:

FAST

Kevin Herr (never talked to, but I have heard good things. Kind of an up and coming shop.)

A&S

4.)LC Performance

3.) Nate McCoy (I generally don't get along with Nate on technical issues, but he's a good worker all the same)

Rudy Kurtz (Port Magic)

5.) Redline

2.) Cascade (actually uses other folks, but they are usually big name folks)

1.) Twister

First of all, I don't know how to go about this. I want to get a dune port on my banshee but don't know who I should go with. I have 2 options. Passion or F.A.S.T. I live in Texas and want to go with one of these two guys because they are closer to me, I've also read alot of good things about them. Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations. Thanks everyone.

I highly recommend HI-TECH HORSEPOWER out of Michigan. Been in business for over 25 years, Im very impressed with his work and business.

Zac

Thanks guys but I'm getting real busy also. I will always do the best I can for the customer.

Flotek

Fast

Passion

Will always do the best they can. Stuff pops up on builds that holds turn around time up. Mistakes can even be made. It happens. We are human. I will always stand behind my motors and take care of any mistakes. I'm just glad to be in the game.

Thanks!

my vote is for someone else besides kevin. All he has time for is porting. You guys take too much of his time to go to glamis so give him a break and let him ride. Ah im only kidding. Im sure there are a lot of great porters out there but after dealing with two of them and then finding kevin I sure do notice a difference in speed,customer service and turn around time. I got my first set done by ted boyko at mission yamaha and he told me two weeks and that turned into 4 months and the weld on the crank broke. Welds are suposed to be stronger than the metel itself. The cylinders came back with a 118 transfer and a 188 exhaust port. Not the fastest by any mean. And the price was 550 for porting.