Newby Needs Shock Help

vegasguy2469

New to the Banshee arena. Thanks for the help. Freshening up an old 2000 Banshee. I've put on new +2" arms and looking for upgrading the shocks. Lot of options under "Banshee" on ebay, but anything with "Banshee" in the title seems jacked up on price. A lot more options under YFZ450 shocks. Can I put ELKA or PEP or Works, etc. etc. etc. YFZ450 +2 shocks on my Banshee using the same techniques listed for putting stock YFZ450 shocks on a Shee... Thanks.

New to the Banshee arena. Thanks for the help. Freshening up an old 2000 Banshee. I've put on new +2" arms and looking for upgrading the shocks. Lot of options under "Banshee" on ebay, but anything with "Banshee" in the title seems jacked up on price. A lot more options under YFZ450 shocks. Can I put ELKA or PEP or Works, etc. etc. etc. YFZ450 +2 shocks on my Banshee using the same techniques listed for putting stock YFZ450 shocks on a Shee... Thanks.

yes you can... I have Elka 450 shocks on my banshee with +2 arms, the stock 450 shocks also work great... just get the 450 shocks for standard length 450 a-arms. The stock 450 a-arms are pretty much the same length as +2 Banshee arms. Also with the Elka's you don't need to do any grinding to make them fit, mine just went right in, the mount area on the Elka's are much smaller than the stock 450 shocks. On last thing... if you don't have the a-arms yet try to get them with the shock mounts moved out 3/4". This will give you the proper installed length when you use 450 shocks, I got mine from Sanddragon, I know Quicksand used to move the mounts out as well if you request it.

Edited by Ruko

yes you can... I have Elka 450 shocks on my banshee with +2 arms, the stock 450 shocks also work great... just get the 450 shocks for standard length 450 a-arms. The stock 450 a-arms are pretty much the same length as +2 Banshee arms. Also with the Elka's you don't need to do any grinding to make them fit, mine just went right in, the mount area on the Elka's are much smaller than the stock 450 shocks. On last thing... if you don't have the a-arms yet try to get them with the shock mounts moved out 3/4". This will give you the proper installed length when you use 450 shocks, I got mine from Sanddragon, I know Quicksand used to move the mounts out as well if you request it.

cool. thanks for the knowledge