is it possiable to narrow bridge to much on cylinders?

i was wondering if there is a min. width for the bridge before it gets to weak. or if anyone is running cylinders with a narrow bridge because to tell you the truth, i just got my mint condition (by that i mean never ported and still on the stock bore) cylinders bored and ported and i dont want to have the bridge break and ruin the new top end along with many other things if that were to break and get into the bottom end. So if anyone has a general measurement let me know..thanks

Edited by bansheejoel

DAMN!! that intake is opened up for sure lol. yeah mine are a little thicker than that and my intake isnt that high so i think i should be good if your running that with no problems. thanks

no seriously though,if you want reliability, you don't want your bridges this thin! just picture your rings sliding over the intake bridge at 8000rpm. these jugs are not going to last long! they're on the early retirement plan! hobit joke: - bridge is about as thick as a baggins hair

Edited by the grinch

no seriously though,if you want reliability, you don't want your bridges this thin! just picture your rings sliding over the intake bridge at 8000rpm. these jugs are not going to last long! they're on the early retirement plan! hobit joke: - bridge is about as thick as a baggins hair

first of all your rings do not even go that low. BDC is a few mm above them. However im with some others i would be affraid of these, little loose bore and some piston rocking at 8000 and your gonna have some problems