34pj jetting advice

okbeast

Never jetted anything other then a stocker carb, so lookin for a good starting place here.

Gonna put some 34pj's on this weekend. Got a strong dune port, T-5's, coolhead w/ 20cc domes, k&n pods. Elevation is around 1200 ft., temps are around 70 right now. Just looking for somewhere to start since I've never even messed with these carbs.

Never jetted anything other then a stocker carb, so lookin for a good starting place here.

Gonna put some 34pj's on this weekend. Got a strong dune port, T-5's, coolhead w/ 20cc domes, k&n pods. Elevation is around 1200 ft., temps are around 70 right now. Just looking for somewhere to start since I've never even messed with these carbs.

i just got throught jetting mine... wesw helped me! i started with 150 mains, 52 pilots, and cel needles on middlle clip position with idle knobs out 9 full turns and air screw out 1.75 turns. it was a little fat to start but thats what you want to start with... good luck and by the way, wesw is the resident expert here, if you do a seach for his posts he has many pj walk throughs...

well got some on and rode it today. ran pretty damn good. i do need to change the jets up some though. it's got 155 mains and 48 pilots. i KNOW the pilots are way too big, it bogs just a tad everytime i start it. what would be a good (better) pilot size? its just a dune ported stocker w/ t-5's, soon to be shearers i think.

• 5 months later...

Kawi try a 155 main

What needles do you have in it now.

I would recomend cek's middle cip with 50 pilots. You really need a carb sync tool to set up the idle. That way you get them set the same.

I found that my PJ's usually run a size or to larger on the pilots compaird to PWK's. I ran a 52 pilot with PJ's when I switched to PWK's on the same motor I ended up at 48. PJ's must like a little richer bottom end, maybe they dont pull as much fuel down low so they need richer settings. Same reason for the CEK's with the PJ, vs the CEL for the PWK. CEK is a little richer on the bottom end.

its my old set up on my buddies shee....

it has the stock needle in it.. not dure what it is. it pulls hard on bottom but breaks up on top end...

i had the set up on my fmf's and it would tear 4 stroke bolt on bikes up.. it would beat my buddies 686 craycraft bike... are friends raptor with a 12:1 piston and barkers is barely beating it.. and the 686 rap will smike that rap... so the shee's not runnin like when it was in my bike...

just not pullin hard on top...

what is the stock pj needle