Right Side Sucking oil?

This is odd. I have built 15-20 banshee motors and never had an issue. I tore one down and replaced the tranny and since than we have run it only a few minutes. I sold the bike and the guy called the next day and said it wouldnt run. It ran great for me. He brought it down and the right side only fires at a certain rpm, when it quits firing and then starts firing again it smokes like crazy. The only thing I can figure is that it is sucking oil into the bottom end on the right cylinder and burning it. I puilled the head and the cylinder walls and piston top are sticky. I think it is oil because the bike will not clear out and run like it would if it was fouling, the carb seems to be functioning fine and I have swapped plugs and wires around, the issue never leaves the cylinder. It is worse at higher rpm which tells me it is when the bottom end is creating more pull to suck in oil. I wouldnt think that double edged seal on the clutch side of the crank could leak, it is new, I guess I could have a flaw in my seal between the cases? Anyone ever experienced this?

do a leakdown test its its sucking oil somehwer it shouldnt hold any pressure so the leak down tester will tell you. open the dipstick aswell when you do it just so the tranny isnt totaly sealed. by the cluch cover

Edited by yamaha04

• 1 year later...

I have the head off the bike so I would have to reassemble, I am thinking I will just tear the motor down, there is no other option. The crank seal is brand new and I know I installed it correctly, I had to mess up the yama bond.

hi everyone. im new to the site. im having the same problem with my banshee. the right cylinder smokes like crazy. lots of white smoke. and the oil out of the bottom end keeps disappearing so it has to be getting in the cylinder. did you find the problem on yours?

i just changed seals last night and one thing caught while installing primary gear is the seal wanted to fold in as the gear is being pushed in and it may have folded on you ,also my banshee was running the same way before i found out my rings were toasted and it also had a puddle of oil on transmission side.

i just changed seals last night and one thing caught while installing primary gear is the seal wanted to fold in as the gear is being pushed in and it may have folded on you ,also my banshee was running the same way before i found out my rings were toasted and it also had a puddle of oil on transmission side.

cool. im hoping it is a seal. that will be the easiest fix. ill also do a compression check on the cylinders. what psi should i get?